Thursday, December 30, 2010

What a Day!


I am definitely recovering from yesterday this morning. What a day! We had planned to go to JC to get lumber for kitchen cabinets, get boxes from the house, have maternity pictures made, and worship with our Elizabethton family before coming home. In my mind, all of those activities went very smoothly and calmly with extra time for hanging out on the couch by the fire in the basement. In reality, YEAH RIGHT! I was afraid we were going to have to cancel the trip because the doctor I saw in Chattanooga on Monday put me on "modified bed rest"-meaning I can go to the bathroom or fix a small meal. BUT, I was afraid to postpone the picture session because I am thinking regular bed rest is in my near future! So, we decided that I would be SITTING in the car for 6 hours of the time and the only time I really had to be up was to take pictures. I messaged Rebecca and told her our session would have to be brief and kept knitting my scarf to wear for the session!
Here's what actually happened:
9am-the time we THOUGHT we were going to leave.....I was hanging out in the bonus room watching Maggie play in her "castle" while Wesley loaded logs to take to the lumber man in JC
10:45am-the time we actually left-and by this point I was already SUPER tired and wondering how I was going to make it all day!
1:45pm-arrived in JC, stopped at Hardee's to go to the bathroom and get food!
2:00pm-arrived at the lumber place to unload logs and get lumber for kitchen cabinets
2:36pm-Wesley gets in the truck to move it to load lumber and I say, "We REALLY have to leave by 3. I know how he likes to talk (the man is very friendly), but we have to leave by 3." Wesley-"No problem, this won't take long."
3:04pm-Wesley and Lumber Man are happily still loading lumber and talking. I text Rebecca and tell her we will be a few minutes late. We change the session from 4 to 4:15pm
3:3?pm (this means 3:30something)-Wesley gets in the truck and PROUDLY announces, "Look at that! Didn't you tell me we had to leave by 3:30?!" (with a HUGE smile on his face) Me-"3. I said we had to leave by 3." Wesley, "Oh......well, I promise to cooperate really well."
Me -(thinking in my head, we have to go to Target, Michaels, Ingles, go home and fix my hair and get Click Clack Moo (my favorite book ever!) for pictures, and be at the place in 45 minutes....do NOT cry.....)
So, between 3:30 and the time we arrived at the farm for pictures (10-15 minutes late, I am SO sorry again, Rebecca!):
*I ran into Target to get a shirt to WEAR for the session. Of course, there were no brown shirts to be found in Target so I bought a pink one and a navy blue one thinking I would just take the extra back later. I decided in the truck to go with navy (and I think I like it better than I would have brown!).
*ran into Michaels to look for 3 adorable little chalkboards to write the babies' names on........wouldn't you think Michaels has adorable little chalkboards? I would too, but they don't.
*skipped the whole going home to fix my hair and get my favorite book idea
*put my make-up on in the truck
*finally started crying because I couldn't help it anymore
*Wesley asked why I was crying. My response? "Because I'm pregnant and nothing is going right!" Then, he went on and on about how beautiful I was and how the pictures were going to be awesome and we would be there in NO time at all. What a good husband!
*reapplied my make-up because I started crying while putting it on
*ran into Ingles to get 4 pink balloons (because at this rate, at least one of them was going to accidentally fly away before we could use it) while Wesley changed clothes in the parking lot
*Wesley said, "I don't know what modified bed rest looks like, but I don't think this is it."

We finally arrived at the farm and as we were pulling in the driveway I thought, "Oh no! I forgot my camera." Yeah, I don't need MY camera for Rebecca to take pictures of us. What a day!

Thankfully, Rebecca Marr ROCKS. She totally made me relax and made Wesley feel comfortable enough that he only complained once (but still did what we asked!).
And.......I LOVE our pictures! She has already posted a sneak peek on Facebook.
Check it out HERE. (If that doesn't work search Rebecca Marr Photography on Facebook)
She's pretty amazing especially considering I asked her to do pictures during her off month just so we would have maternity pictures. :) She was kind enough to agree.

These are my three favorites. I am sure I will share more soon.
Thank you so much, Wesley-for LETTING us do pictures! and Rebecca-for taking them and being pretty amazing!
Oh! and both of you for dealing with an emotional pregnant woman!

Since I am knitting for the babies and knitting just to spend my time on modified bed rest, I definitely wanted a knitting picture! (And I knitted the scarf I am wearing just for this session!)

Thankfully, the balloons didn't fly away until we were ready and the extra was hanging out in the truck just in case!
A balloon for each girl :)

The only time Wesley complained was during this, but it is my FAVORITE!!

After our pictures, we went home and RESTED for an hour before going to Elizabethton for Bible study. We were glad to see all of our friends there too! We got home this morning at 1 am and I am STILL in bed! I was exhausted. Wesley brought me breakfast so I didn't have to go up and down the stairs and I see a nap in my future (although this sneak peek this morning has totally pumped me up!).

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know we are thinking about you and praying for you everyday. I am so excited for you to be a mom. You will be such a great mommy!! Landon just grins from ear to ear everytime we talk about it. He knows how lucky your babies are to have you as their mom. Your pictures are gorgeous!! Get your rest!! We love you and are thankful for the special place you have in our hearts!!

    ReplyDelete