Thursday, December 9, 2010

Shower, Sugar, and Yarn

Shower, Sugar, and Yarn.....I couldn't think of an S word for Yarn....Maybe SOFT Yarn??.....

SHOWER
Yesterday was our first shower. It was a shower for myself and Buffy, one of our lovely teaching assistants (Buffy), at school. I was a little bit afraid people might forget because we were out for snow the two days before, but there was a great crowd. Fun times and many blessings.
We got some good stuff! Wesley carried everything in from the car-he saw the Boppy that Jennifer and Ashley got us and said, "Hey! Look! The Boppy!" So, thanks from Wesley to Jennifer and Ashley! :)

Kindergarten Friends
Lindsay, Vickie, myself (and Hannah Kate, Rachel and Leah!), Kathy, Rachel, and Rachel
The Preggo Ladies of Ridgeview!
Buffy-January, Jennifer-February, myself-April (but not really), and Krissi-May
We just needed Ashley who is due in June (I think) to be in this picture!
OH! And the pattern here is girl, boy, girls, boy! :) Nice....
Rachel and Vickie were great gift opening and documenting assistants! This sleeper is from Kathy (our Kindergarten Assistant)'s daughters-she had on the card "To Princess Hannah Kate, From Princess Holly, Princess Hannah, and Princess Hope." Too cute!

Not sure how this one got stuck at the end, but here are the shower honorees with the cake!

Why are they out of order? Ugh, my OCD-ness doesn't like this!

Hannah Kate's gift table.

A super cute and soft sleeper from the Higginbotham and some chips. I do love these chips!

I ate a teeny tiny piece of cake because I really wanted it, but I was afraid it would mess up my glucose test today!

The Royston Boys/Men are amazing! They carried all my stuff to the car! And I think they were super pumped to have their picture made too! Ha!
We packed up all of the stuff tonight and as I was writing "Hannah Kate's STUFF" on the box, Wesley said, "You're enjoying writing that on there, aren't you?" Yes! I am! :)

SUGAR
Today was my three hour glucose test since I failed the one hour on Tuesday. I wasn't too excited about the whole experience (no idea why?!)....I woke up this morning with a headache and a growling stomach. Then, I had a flat tire on the way to the lab. Wesley had to come get me and take me to the lab then go back to take care of the tire (we had to buy a new one). What a morning! I wasn't really apprehensive about drinking the drink because it wasn't that bad on Tuesday. Today, I had to drink one that had twice as much sugar (ugh) and they only had orange. It was gross.......but I did it. There was one other lady there for a three hour test, so we felt sick together! I kept thinking how mad I would be at myself if I got sick and had to do it all over again! The good news is, I felt so sick I wasn't hungry! I knitted the entire time. I started and finished this little project below for a Christmas gift, then worked on a little toddler hat for a friend's child.

The time finally came for my last check and my blood sugar was 47. The ladies couldn't believe how low it was-they gave me crackers and Sprite and called the doctor. Dr. H said I couldn't leave until it was over a certain amount when they checked it again. So, I got to do FIVE finger pricks instead of the usual four. I am so lucky! I had four Scooby Doo band-aids when I left (they did one finger twice). And now my fingers are bruised-who gets bruises from finger pricks?! I haven't heard the official word on if I passed or not. Wesley looked up the numbers that I had to be below on each check and I was below each time.....so surely I passed! I was not feeling so hot when we left, but after a couple of hours, I felt better.

(SOFT) YARN
After we got back and I rested for a few minutes, we went to Abingdon, VA, to eat and go to a yarn store. Jennifer has gone on and on about this awesome yarn store there and I had never been. Wesley was a very sweet husband to take care of my car issues all morning, then drive far away to eat lunch and hang out in the car while I looked at yarn! We ate lunch at a soda shop that is in what used to be an old pharmacy. It was really neat. They had old medicine bottles on the shelves, and Wesley saw one that said, "Mouth Wash and Deodorant." Interesting.
I spent awhile in the yarn store where the very nice owner helped me pick out just the right yarn to make Hannah Kate a blanket. I will also be able to make hats for Hannah Kate, Rachel, and Leah from some of the yarn I got. I wanted to get yarn to make them all matching blankets for the hospital, but fancy yarn is expensive. I am going to get some from somewhere else for matching blankets, I guess. I used some of the money from the shower yesterday to buy yarn today.
When I got in the car, Wesley said, "Did you use all of the money?!" Nope, only 1/3 of it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment