Monday, December 6, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Hannah Kate's stocking in the making.....iPhone picture style!

This was the original green I chose.......a total of three greens later, I found the one I stuck with!




Ta da!
Okay, it may not be beginning to look a LOT like Christmas-more like a LITTLE like Christmas, but there are stockings and a mini-tree!! :) I wanted a picture of our stockings hanging on our mantle here because 1) Who doesn't love KNITTED with LOVE stockings! 2) I love our mantle!
So, as soon as three people said two days in a row that Hannah Kate still looked like Hannah Kate and not Daniel, I got busy!
I am SOOOOOO excited about her stocking! I started it on Thanksgiving night and finished the following Monday night at 11pm. I stayed up way too late, but I was literally jumping up and down with excitement. Wesley just rolled his eyes at me. :)
Here's something funny/interesting:
I first felt Hannah Kate move for sure on Thanksgiving night....when I started her stocking. From then on, whenever I sat down to work on her stocking I would feel her move (I know it's her because she's on my left side). When I started getting close to being finished with it Monday night, she started moving like crazy! Wesley was even able to feel her (when he pushed really hard on my belly). She felt like Thumper from Bambi in my belly! I think she was excited about her stocking!
I felt bad that I didn't make stockings for Rachel and Leah, but I know I shouldn't. I would just knit them and then always leave them packed up. I am going to try to teach myself to crochet (with the help of Christy!) so that I can crochet them all blankets for the hospital. Crocheting is way faster than knitting, so I think blankets are an attainable goal! (My first knitted blanket I ever made took me 60+ hours!...granted, Wesley calls it a baby afghan because I knitted it too big, but still that's too long!)
Today, I am out of school for snow! Hooray! I am super pumped! This morning, I woke up at 5:15 to go to the bathroom, saw the text that we were out, and got back into bed. I laid my hand on my belly and felt a THUMP. It caught me off guard and then it happened about 5 more times. (This is the first time I have been able to feel movement with my hand.) Wesley was asleep, but I grabbed his hand and put it on my belly. I felt a thump again and he sleepily said, "Is she moving?!" I guess she was excited that we had a snow day! I am not 100% sure it was Hannah Kate because it was right in the middle of my belly, but I am thinking it was because that's where her feet normally are when we see them on the ultrasound. I think I have felt Rachel or Leah once or twice, but I do not feel them move nearly as much as Hannah Kate so far.

We have a doctor appointment here tomorrow, so I will update about it then!

No comments:

Post a Comment