Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Too Sweet

I had an appointment with my doctor here today. Before we went, we took some belly pictures!

Yep, it's big.
Here are the highlights from today's appointment:
*My belly measured 26 weeks (I am 20 weeks today, but remember, I am "advanced!")
*Heart rates were good.....babies were moving a lot!
*The ultrasound lady said she would be "shocked and amazed" if Hannah Kate turned into Daniel. :)
*I have been feeling Hannah Kate move a lot, but I didn't think I was really feeling Rachel and/or Leah move much. After seeing them all on the screen today, I think I am feeling them more than I thought. I was able to see them move and feel something at the same time. Their movements feel a lot lighter and are a totally different feeling. I guess it's because of where they are??
*I still love my doctor-she is the best!
*I had to take the one hour glucose test today (about 6 weeks early) because my glucose was high today. Annnnnddd......I failed the one hour test (it was 148 and should have been 140 or less). I go back Thursday with my knitting bag for the 3 hour glucose test. I REALLY do not want to have gestational diabetes, but I am afraid it is inevitable. Dr. H said the placenta has something to do with gestational diabetes and I have "more than your average placenta." Good to know.
On the way out, Wesley said, "How does it feel to fail? All you had to do to pass was be normal." My response, "You are laughing now. You'll be crying with me if I have gestational diabetes." He is so supportive!
*They also did blood work today to check my thyroid and see if the levels are better.

Here are pictures of sweet Hannah Kate!

She ALWAYS has her hands up at her face/in her mouth. I think she's going to be a thumb-sucker!

Her legs look so long in this picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment