Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Seeing Our Girl

After a long and overwhelming day on Thursday, I was finally feeling well enough to go down to the NICU to see our sweet girl. There was NO way I could walk down there..... :)

The awesome NICU friends let Britt go in with us so that she could get pictures of me seeing her for the first time (other than a few brief minutes in the OR). Thanks to Britt for all of these pictures. We LOVE them.

Wonderful NICU tissues=gauze.
First time I got to touch her.







Her hair still looked curly at this point, but it just hadn't been brushed.
This is a crazy picture of me, but this was my reaction when the nurse asked if I wanted to hold her. We were expecting to not be able to hold her for a long time.
Of course I said yes!
I LOVE this picture. We had had such a long two days. This is what we needed!


She looks SO tiny in this picture. I don't think she has really gotten very much bigger, maybe we have just gotten used to her size.

Dr. Harrelson, her doctor, came around and talked to us. We really loved her!
Mindy was hanging out watching through the window and got to come in and take a peek too!



1 comment:

  1. Dear Denise,
    Please warn your readers to grab the tissues before reading your posts. I check your blog every night for new updates (even though I've seen most of them on facebook). :o) :o) :o) I am loving the fact that you are finally a Mommy and that Wesley is finally a Daddy. I knew the first time I met you when you photographed my munchkins that you'd be an awesome mom. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete