Monday, October 25, 2010

Thank Yous and Prayers

Psalm 26:7 "...I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works."

Things I'm thankful for:

*An amazing God who loves me and is able to do more than I could ever imagine. The knowledge that NOTHING on this earth is a reason for me to be anxious but to have peace in knowing He will care for me (Phil. 4:6-7).

*A pretty awesome husband who loves me, prays for me, and takes care of me (unless I am pregnancy sick, but I guess maybe I'm asking too much!).Thanks to Brittany Richmond for the photograph above!

*An awesome church family that stretches far across the state, country, and world-who love us and pray fervently for us-whether they know us or not.

*THREE beautiful babies.
I am particularly thankful for this baby below-who is (so far) perfectly healthy and doing great.


Baby even looked "at us" during our ultrasound on Thursday.
(Pretty cool-even if he/she looks like an alien right now!)

(I'm not sure why those ultrasound pictures are different colors....that's irritating the OCD part of me, but I need to learn to adapt!)

*Medical professionals here and at Vanderbilt who have the knowledge and experience to help our babies stay as healthy as possible.

*The staff at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital who were so good to us Thursday during a visit that ordinarily would not have been a pleasant experience.

*A wonderfully kind and smart (I really needed her to be smart!) doctor who spent over an hour with us Thursday discussing our babies' development and plan to keep them as healthy and safe as possible. We will be returning to see her every three weeks through sometime around week 28 for monitoring (after that, we will go every two weeks, then every week).

***************

Philippians 4:5-7 "6Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Things I am praying for:
*Our other two babies who are not expected to survive long after delivery.
*That Baby B will continue to develop in a healthy and safe manner and will stay in the oven as long as is needed!
*Strength for us to have faith in God and know that His plan is perfect.
*Peace.

We have countless brothers and sisters in Christ who love us and have prayed for throughout this journey to become parents. It has not been easy and doesn't appear to get any easier anytime soon, but we know that God's plan is perfect for our lives.
Thank you for loving us and showing your love to us in so many ways.

We love you,
Wesley, Denise, and three Skelton babies!




2 comments:

  1. Your things to be thankful for, and things that you're praying for are spoken from such a true christian heart and one of great faith. I am so blessed to know you and to witness the faith and love that you have for God. My family and I are praying for you, Wesley, and your precious babies. I am so thankful for you all, and to be a part of the wonderful church family that we are. Love you all!! Amy T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart overflowed with joy when I saw your facebook announcement! Congratulations!
    I have moved your blog to the top of my list "favorite daily blog reading".
    James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above....

    ReplyDelete