Monday, December 20, 2010

Moving Babies

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee"

Since Thanksgiving night, I have been feeling the babies move pretty consistently. I will be 22 weeks tomorrow and they have finally gotten to what I think is the normal baby movements/kicks (as far as how hard it is). Yesterday, they were wild! I could feel them as I was waking up-this happens almost every morning. I just lie there and enjoy feeling those incredible blessings inside of me. Every time I feel one of them move, I pray and I try to really take it in. Who knows if I will ever be able to be pregnant again (we have already decided not to do any fertility treatments again), so I want to enjoy every minute-even when someone's body part is mashing on my ribs....like right now, thank you, Hannah Kate! Yesterday, they were moving a ton at the beginning of worship service for about 15 minutes, then again after lunch, then again after supper-it was crazy! Last Thursday, I saw my belly move when they moved for the first time. I told Wesley about it and he said, "Yeah right." What a supportive husband, huh?! :) After it did it a second time, he finally sat down to watch and it happened two more times. His response, "That is so weird." It was pretty weird to see! The only thing about all this is that they aren't really consistent in moving a lot everyday (at least moving a lot where I can feel them).
It makes me nervous, and Wesley freaks out when I shake my belly or press on it to get them to move. I guess I will ask the doctor on Wednesday if or when I should feel them every single day so I will not be so paranoid!
To end on a funny note, Maggie (our niece) does not really like my belly. I guess seeing her Aunt Nise with a large belly is freaking her out. Yesterday, I asked if she wanted to tell Hannah Kate bye and she stared at my belly and said, "No," in a slow and odd voice. Then, she got in my lap to hug me and put her feet on my knees and her hands/arms around my neck and raised the rest of her body up while she hugged me so she wouldn't touch my belly. I laughed so hard-I wish we had a picture of that!
Jana (my sister-in-law, Maggie's mom) bought Hannah Kate a TON of clothes at the outlet in Pigeon Forge. She has plenty of newborn stuff and some preemie stuff too (since I was worried we wouldn't have enough preemie clothes)! Thanks, Jana! :) She got her this cute onesie below.

No comments:

Post a Comment