Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Knitting up a Storm!

What have I been doing while on modified bed rest? Knitting......checking Facebook......knitting.......checking email.......knitting......watching tv (do you know there is at least one commercial during each commercial break telling you to call such and such lawyer because you could be entitled to money?!)........looking at knitting patterns online..........knitting........did I mention that I have been knitting? :) It's a good thing I have a *few* skeins of yarn (ha!-there are 5 boxes in the bedroom) and got 3 sets of new needles for Christmas! I have also been working on crocheting a baby blanket for the hospital. I am taking a break from that right now. I really need to get it finished and finish the others and the other hats for the hospital. I have a lot to do! But....there is only so much you can do without getting a headache!
Wesley started his rotation at a local independent pharmacy yesterday. It was the busiest day of the year he said (and not just the busiest day of the year so far!)-first day of the month, a Monday, and the day after a holiday weekend. He was pretty exhausted when he got home.
I go back to Vanderbilt on Thursday and Kristy is going with me since Wesley didn't need to ask off during his first week.
Yesterday, my sweet kindergarteners returned to school without me. I felt so weird sitting in my pjs while all of my teacher friends got ready for work. I texted them to tell them to have a good day and I got 3 texts back with "Why are you up?!" One of the mothers emailed and told me that her little one said he couldn't wait to hug me Monday morning. She reminded him that I wouldn't be there, and he said, "Well, I will hug Mrs. Carpenter, but I really miss Mrs. Skelton." It stinks that I am this far away from them and cannot just drop in to visit......but it might be better that way because I might be dropping in too much! I am very thankful that my interim is so wonderful and I have nothing to worry about at school!

To answer the ever popular question that everyone wants to ask me, "Are you rested?" YES. I am rested. I am rested enough for the rest of my life (okay, maybe not that much, but I am rested!). :)

Here are my two most recent knitting creations. I knitted these hats for Rebecca (the photographer who did our AWESOME maternity pictures!) to use in her baby shoots. The top hat is for newborns and the bottom hat is for one year sessions. I cannot wait to see some of her pictures with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment