Saturday, January 8, 2011

"Home" Sweet Home

We are finally "home." We left Vanderbilt at about 11 central time. They took all of the monitors/iv off of me so that I could sleep last night. I was very, very thankful!!! I don't think the nurse even came in at all last night since I was unhooked. I slept about 6 hours, which is much better than the 2 1/2 I slept the night before. Wesley didn't seem to sleep as well (he actually woke up when I got up to go to the bathroom), but he said he wasn't nearly as sleepy as the night before. The nurse came in at 6 to hook me back up to the contraction and heart rate monitor for Hannah Kate. HK was not cooperative this morning, we couldn't get her to stay on the monitor for any amount of time. She was moving like crazy. :)
We saw Dr. B this morning who we have seen at the clinic at Vanderbilt. She offered for us to stay the weekend since the weather was supposed to be bad. Wesley needed to come back on Sunday anyway, and we were ready to get home. They did the FFN test this morning (it's a hormone, but I can't remember the full name)-if I do not have it, there is a 99% chance that I will not go into labor in the next 2 weeks. If I do have it, it doesn't mean anything. Interesting, huh? Wesley said that was probably a waste to do it because it doesn't change anything, but if it is negative, it will make me feel better. :)
I asked Dr. B specifically what I am/am not allowed to do. Here's the list to help all of those who are worried that I am doing too much! (apparently there are lots because I got 15 texts saying I need to rest and lots of Facebook stuff too!) I PROMISE, I am being good! Promise! :)
As soon as she started saying all of this, I said that it was basically what I was already doing on "modified bed rest" and she agreed.
I can go to the:
-couch
-recliner
-bathroom
-take a shower
-stretch my legs
-walk around
-NO housework (ah, man!)
-go to church (just make sure I am dropped off at the door)
-anything that makes me relax (this is what she said after I specifically asked about going to worship/Bible study) and doesn't keep me couped up-she even specifically mentioned knitting! :) ha!
-just no long shopping trips (not a problem because I get tired!) or staying up on my feet for long periods of time.
Thursday night when I was admitted to the hospital, I was told that I could have contractions from now until the time the babies actually come. As long as I am not dilated (sorry, guys, I am trying to keep it guy friendly for you!) or anything, it's fine.
I am supposed to go back to the doctor (in Chattanooga) in 2 weeks.
Below are Hannah Kate's pictures from Thursday's appointment and 2 from the hospital (taken with my iPhone).

curled up in a ball!

I took this picture Thursday as we were waiting on my hospital room....it's terrible and I meant to take another one but I forgot until after they had unhooked us today.
Anyway, this is where we watched Hannah Kate's heart rate and contractions. It's the thought that counts!
We had a nice trial run at the hospital and hope to not be back for at least a month, hopefully two! I made a list of what things I wished I had had from home, so I don't need to go back!
Everyone there was awesome, and we are very thankful for all they do. Thanks also to our friend, Brian Gregory, for stopping by to see us yesterday!

House update:
*plumbing is finished!!
*heat and air has been started and should be finished next week (? I think)
*electrical guy (whose name is actually Guy!) starts Monday
*all that will be left then is insulation (someone else is doing this), drywall (someone else), finish siding ((I said we don't have to have siding to live in it, but I was overruled) us-well, the guys), floors (us-the guys), painting (us-the guys and whoever else we sweet talk), cabinets (Mr. Tenpenny), garage door installed, central vacuum installed (someone else)....that's all I think?.....That list looks extremely long now......
Maybe HK will have a home when she is born!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment