Friday, January 7, 2011

Hospital Fun

For those who don't know, I'm starting my second night in Vanderbilt. I had an appointment here yesterday afternoon. Kristy came with me since Wesley didn't need to miss a day of his rotation. Oh, let me also throw in that I had contractions Wednesday night & had to call Dr.C. They finally slowed down & I slept all night so we didn't go to the hospital Wednesday. Ok back to Thursday. We went to the doctor & had another hour long ultrasound. Yesterday, the rep for GE was there training the tech on the machine so we got extra neat looks. Then, when she was done, the GE lady played while we waited to see Dr. C. We got some great 4D pictures!!! I can't wait to share them. I won't get to until I have my computer. Anyway, Dr C checked me & decided I needed to come to labor & delivery for monitoring. I was not very excited about having to stay the night, especially with Wesley so far away. Kristy was so great & asked questions etc that I wasn't thinking about. The ladies at the clinic brought me a toiletries nag & let me pick out slippers! When we got to l&d, they gave me the first steroid shot (ouch!!!!!!!) & hooked me up to the monitors for contractions & to monitor Hannah Kate's heart rate. Right away they could tell I was having contractions. They weren't 100% sure that they could get them stopped with the medicine & the nurse (Blair-who was awesome!) suggested Wesley come on just in case. My parents came to visit & bring some stuff & Kristy hung out until Wesley got here. He is such a good husband who proudly carried in my pinwheel pink Vera Bradley duffel all the way to my room. Then he proudly announced that we are getting a BLACK bag for the next hospital visit. I told him there's a black & white Vera bag, but he wasn't interested!! He slept great last night in a chair that folds out into a bed, & I slept about 2 hours. I couldn't get comfortable at all with the monitors on me & being concerned about the contractions. I was feeling them at this point, but it just would feel like my stomach got tight & would stop. But--after hours of that, my belly was tired. The medicine didn't slow or stop contractions until sometime today (I was getting it every 6 hrs I think). They have stopped now & I haven't had that med since this afternoon. They are keeping me to watch tonight & see if the contractions start again. Tomorrow the dr will check me & also test for a certain hormone. She said if it isn't there, there's a 99% chance that I won't go into labor for the next 2 weeks. They also gave me the second steroid shot for the babies' lungs Hopefully, we can go home tomorrow. Wesley will need to go back to cleveland Sunday & I'm tired of the hospital! We are praying hard that these babies stay put for at least 4 more weeks!!!
I think that's all. Forgive typos etc as I am on my phone!
Thanks for all of your kind words & prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment