Monday, February 13, 2012

Hannah Kate's Birthday Day

After Hannah Kate's nap (I woke her up a little early), we drove 40 minutes to Wesley's work town and drove around 30 minutes looking for a Chik-Fil-A........I finally gave up and got Zaxby's......, then met Wesley in the parking lot of his workplace to eat lunch. The three of us sat in the backseat of the car (beside the dumpster no less) and ate lunch. Hannah Kate had a birthday lunch of yogurt and bread-because what else can you feed her in the backseat of a car?! We know how to do birthday lunches right, huh?!
This is true love! Wesley hates taking self-portraits, but he took this one for Hannah Kate's birthday. I think she was in shock.
After lunch, we went inside so Hannah Kate (and I) could meet Wesley's work friends. Of course, she was a hit and even "blew out her candle" for them.
We drove back home and stopped at Publix on the way. Hannah Kate loves riding in shopping carts and we needed ice cream for her party, so I thought this was a good birthday activity. Yes, I took my camera (point and shoot) into Publix with us. People probably thought I was crazy, but I didn't mind. It was a day that we had to document!
We waited forever to get her birthday balloon and Hannah Kate smiled and bounced in the cart the whole time!

We drove up and down a few aisles so she could enjoy her buggy ride. Then, I took a picture of us in the ice cream aisle. I am sure people were laughing as they watched the security cameras, but I don't care! :)

After our ride home, it was time for a birthday afternoon nap!
When Hannah Kate woke up from her nap, we went outside (it was 60 degrees!) to take some sidewalk chalk pictures.
We played inside awhile and then we went for a walk to see the cows for Hannah Kate's birthday minute. :) Here we are with Jeans.On Hannah Kate's birthday minute, I sang Happy Birthday to her, gave her a kiss, and we prayed and thanked God for her birthday. Then, we said goodbye to the cows (she waved and squealed "hey" to her heifer!) and went back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment