Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hannah Kate's 1st Birthday Party! Details....

I have been pinning things on Pinterest for Hannah Kate's first birthday party ever since I found out about Pinterest. :) So, I had been working on her birthday ideas for months. I wanted it to be perfect, but I didn't want to be stressed or spend too much money on decorations that we weren't going to keep or use after her party. I am pleased with how things looked, so I think it was successful! Sarah and Mindy helped make things on their visits before the party, and I am extremely thankful for that!

We knew we wanted a pink giraffe party since Hannah Kate loves giraffes so much (especially pink ones!)! It's kind of hard to find pink giraffe stuff, so I was thankful that I had gotten a Cricut at Thanksgiving to make some decorations!

You KNEW pictures would be part of the decorations, didn't you? These pictures are all of her "giraffe pictures"-one of her first stuffed animals was a pink giraffe, the "Giraffe" isolette in the NICU, the giraffe painted x-ray machine from the NICU, Jimmy the giraffe paci (of course!), the giraffe costume from the fall, and giraffe pajamas.Hannah Kate's birthday banner is still hanging proudly in our kitchen! Seriously. I'm surprised it is still sticking, but I like it and don't want to take it down! It has a 1, giraffe, H K S, giraffe, 1 all cut out from the Cricut.

These pictures are of Hannah Kate's 1st year-there is a picture for 1 day old, then one for each month. Mindy and Sarah helped with these too.

The number in the corner of the picture is for the month.I saw this idea on Pinterest-to have a book that guests sign for the party. I wanted to get a giraffe book, but all I could find was Giraffes Can't Dance-which is cute, but not what I wanted for her first birthday book. A friend suggested this book, but I couldn't find a good price for it. So, I text messaged my teacher friends the week before the party and asked for suggestions. I finally decided that If You Give a Pig a Party would be a good first birthday book. :)
I had almost given up on the birthday hat because things were a little crazy on the party day morning, but Mindy pulled through for me and made it in no time. It was perfect! Kellee and Kristy came the day before to help me make the cakes-they were delicious and beautiful! Jason and Mindy got here just in time to make the giraffe spots out of candy melts. If I haven't said this before, we have AMAZING friends. :) Hannah Kate may have had WalMart cupcakes if not for them! :) (Not that there's anything wrong with WalMart cupcakes!)
Auntie Carol, Celia, and Sarah gave Hannah Kate the Birthday Girl bib from Carter's for Christmas. It was perfect!
The party invitation, favor tags, and cupcake toppers came from a Printable Party pack that I purchased on etsy. This lady was SO NICE! The pack was actually pink and brown, but she was sweet enough to change it to pink and white for Hannah Kate. It was all perfect and very affordable.
I was amazed at how hard it was to find a pink 1 candle. Sarah and Celia were searching Knoxville and Nashville for me and Sarah found this one.
The giraffe spots were pinker than this-our kitchen and sun room apparently photograph a little too yellow. :)



The favors were animal crackers.


Nana found Hannah Kate's skirt at Target. It was perfect!We didn't get a picture of the actual food, but our 42 guests ate cornbread, taco soup, vegetable soup, cheesy chicken chowder, and cake batter dip with their cake and ice cream. Sarah has all kinds of pink kitchen stuff that she loaned us, so we even had pink soup ladles, etc. It was pretty awesome. :)

Thanks to our awesome friend Brittany for helping document Hannah Kate's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment