Monday, February 13, 2012

Beginning of February

At least I am starting February off on the right foot and getting some blog posts up! we were going to Cracker Barrel on Wesley's day off every week. Sometimes, if he has a lot of work to do on his lesson for Bible class, we will stay home and make Cracker Barrel pancakes. Hannah Kate and I like getting out of the house though! On that day, after we got home, I sat down in the rocking chair with Hannah Kate and she fell asleep. We have very few pictures of me with Hannah Kate because Wesley doesn't take pictures of us. I have to ask him if I want a picture and so I did. My hair looks crazy, but Hannah Kate will know that her mommy did exist when she was a baby!
LOTS of people have been sending blankets, hats, and clothes for the NICU. I was so excited one day when we got two packages. One was two Carter's blankets (which we LOVED with Hannah Kate) from Nurse Scarlett and another was knitted hats from our cousin Joy. I was pretty excited!

These are (most) of the things that I made for the NICU to take for Hannah Kate's birthday. I have sent two other hats to one of our nurses for a baby she had in mind, one I finished after I took this picture, and another is in a different bag. Anyhow, I am so excited to be able to take these tomorrow along with the other donations we have been given. I will make a post about the total number of items we collected. I, I mean Hannah Kate, wrote thank you notes to everyone for their donations that included the total number of blankets, hats, etc.-and then we found out last night that friends from Murfreesboro have crocheted 37 hats and 7 blankets! I will have to figure out the new total. There will be LOTS of warm and cute babies at the NICU!

No comments:

Post a Comment