Sunday, August 28, 2011

PTP Odds and Ends

There were a few random things that I didn't post before because I forgot about them or didn't know where they fit in. As you can tell by the previous posts, we loved PTP and are excited to return next year!

*One morning I was sitting in the hall with Hannah Kate waiting for our session to start and an older lady stopped at us and said, "Thank you for starting her off right!" and then she went on. I thought that was pretty sweet!

*We heard an EXCELLENT lesson by Brad Harrub about contraceptives. I have searched online for an article by him or something that summarizes what he said, but I haven't found anything. I wanted to do a whole blog post on just his talk, but I don't know how to go about doing it. So for now, I encourage you to explore exactly how your birth control works. Unfortunately, I think a lot of us are just doing what our doctors say and not investigating the details. This is something for which we will be held accountable. We wish that we had been more inquisitive when we were in that situation. He also said that we have an "infertility epidemic" in the church because of birth control use. Our family is a perfect example of this! He also referenced the American Association of Pro-Life OBGYNs and their stance on the birth control pill and IUDs. We have a CD of this session, so if you would like to borrow it, please let me know. I am thankful that this topic was chosen and that he is presenting this lesson in different places because this is something that needs to be discussed. (*On a random side note, I thought it was pretty funny that we heard this lesson on the year anniversary of us finding out that we were expecting.)

*There was an awesome lesson by Kathy Pollard on modesty (and I loved her lesson about Hannah-of course!) and Cindy Colley directed a modesty fashion show for the ladies/teen girls. This was extra great because they showed immodest outfits and then showed how to make them modest (and I also appreciated that most of the outfits were outrageously immodest but what some would consider okay). This morning during services, I thought about how you don't really think about moms having a hard time being modest, but it is difficult! Your body changes after pregnancy and then you wrestle a baby/child and your clothes do not always stay where they started out! Good thing I have lots of long skirts, huh?! :)

Hope everyone is having a great Lord's Day!






No comments:

Post a Comment