Thursday, August 11, 2011

1/2

Hannah Kate is 1/2 a year old!! I can't believe it. She is such a blessing in our lives.
Diaper Size:2
Weight: According to Vanderbilt scales, she was 14 pounds 6 ounces yesterday. At her last pediatrician visit, she was finally ON the growth curve for full term 6 month olds.....yesterday, she was in the 87th percentile for 6 month old baby girls born at 28 weeks!
Clothing size: 0-3 months....there are 2 newborn items that still fit her because they are big (one is the onesie she has on below) and 1 3 month dress that's too small! Why can't clothes just all be the right size?! I was so excited about that giraffe print dress and it is too small. Sad times.
Fun facts:
-She still has about one inch left in the bassinet. I started putting her in the pack n play for naps and she slept in it at Celia's the other night and will when we are gone to Polishing the Pulpit. The crib still hasn't been started......
Newest tricks:
-Doing a back bend when you put her in the car seat.....she's protesting, I guess? As soon as you unbuckle her, she does it again. It makes it quite difficult to buckle her!
-Laughing.....and I LOVE her laugh! Last week, I stopped at Sonic and sat in the back with her while I waited on my drink. She was laughing so hard that she would start coughing. Then, I would laugh at her and she would laugh back. So fun. Yesterday, the doctor asked if I could make her laugh, but of course she wouldn't! Today, I kissed her belly and she thought this was hysterical! Why didn't we learn this before yesterday?
-She's gotten much better with fine motor skills. She is manipulating objects a lot more and can switch from one hand to the other. She has really gotten better at handling Jimmy (her giraffe paci) and can get the paci in her mouth. She can also grab her bottle and stick it in her mouth (sometimes it hits her eyeball first, but at least it's on her face, right?!).
Things Hannah Kate does not love:
-The sun. What am I going to do? She sticks her whole face into my chest if I am holding her. She will NOT look up or out for anything. Last week, I went out to help Wesley with something and she fell asleep because she was so adamant against opening her eyes! I didn't complain that time, we came in and took a nap!
-Going to sleep....sometimes.....She has been great at fighting sleep for quite awhile, but lately she has been getting violent! She cries and flails her arms and legs. Two days ago, I walked past the rocking chair when I was holding her and she started crying. She knows if I sit down with her and rock that she would be a goner!
Things Hannah Kate Loves:
-Jimmy the giraffe.....pretty much all giraffes! :)
-the pink Taggie horse that Cousin Jenny & Bill sent her
-watching people
-Tummy Time.....okay, she doesn't really LOVE it, but she is tolerating it MUCH better! She can even army crawl now!
-Staying awake! (She fighting sleep above.)
-Kisses
-When I say, "I love you," to her-she smiles SO big.
-Sitting and playing with her daddy
-Father Abraham song -- from her Bible songs cd I talked about last time....she laughs and smiles when I play it
-Bible time-she thinks this is hilarious and fun -- so sweet!
-eating her hands (remember the ring pictures?)

I'm out of time......so enjoy some 6 month pictures!







No comments:

Post a Comment