Monday, August 22, 2011

Polishing the Pulpit Part 3

We really enjoyed the sessions we attended and had a ridiculously long list of cds (for the sessions we couldn't attend or liked so much that we needed the cd too!). My favorites were: Brad Harrub-Contraceptions (this was the only one of his I attended, but we got almost all of the cds of his sessions), Sheila Butt, Kathy Pollard, and Teah & April's Bible class teacher sessions. Wesley's favorites were (I think) David Shannon, Joe Wells, and Dan Winkler (I didn't get to hear any of his sessions completely....thanks to sweet Hannah Kate....so we got a lot of cds!). I am guessing about those being his favorites...that's who he talked the most about!

Renita did a great job presenting in her session. Hannah Kate even slept the whole time so I could listen.Jaina and Abigail with us-we have a picture of us from last year's PTP when we were both expecting (I had just found out and she didn't know, I think). :) These girls are sweet blessings from God!We stayed at the hotel that is right beside the convention center since we had Hannah Kate. I was so thankful. It was very convenient and definitely worth the extra money. We also loved getting to spend so much time with Wesley!
David Henry (from Jamaica) led singing one night-it was almost like we were in Jamaica!
Kelly and Hannah Kate in the Book Room one night. Hannah Kate was cracking up at Kelly. It was hilarious.
Hannah Kate did great in the Pack n Play (I was a little nervous!). Her hair looks so red here!
We had lunch with the Jordans/Pinedos one afternoon. Moises and Wesley were reunited again! :)
I forgot to get a picture with Kimberley.....I was holding Hannah Kate the whole time, so that's probably why.
And Mrs. Charlotte got to enjoy Hannah Kate!
Tisha-do you love Hannah Kate's dress? :)
The Duncans rented a house with some friends that was very close to the convention center-it was SO nice! We went over one afternoon so Gracie could FINALLY hold Hannah Kate. She had told Mindy a few weeks ago, "People say I am going to get to hold her, but will I EVER get to?!" She had been a patient girl! Mindy told her to go wash her hands, then added, "Up to your elbows!" Gracie came out and asked if this was good enough :) Yes it is and thank you!
I handed Hannah Kate to her and she said, "Yay!! I thought this day would never come!!!!!!" It was so sweet.....and then Hannah Kate projectile spit up all over poor Gracie. She was a trooper though!

Wesley and Dempsey
We were excited to see a family from Crieve Hall. This is Tonja-they were so good to us when we worshipped there while Hannah Kate was in the hospital. They have four (I think) kiddos and the younger daughter would see us and say, "Look! It's Hannah Kate! She's awake! I've GOT to get Mom, she will want to see this!" It was so funny. Tonja said they were glad to see us but "mostly Hannah Kate." We take what we can get! :)
As you can see, we got to visit with lots of our church family. We also met new people who we look forward to seeing again next year. AND....we started scoping out a husband for Hannah Kate (arranged marriages take a lot of work!).

No comments:

Post a Comment