Monday, April 25, 2011

Updates

Whew! I have really neglected the blog, but I think I have finally caught up most of the way. I haven't taken a ton of pictures since we got home from the hospital except with my iPhone. It's not the best pictures, but pretty handy at the same time. I think I will wish later on that I had blogged/journaled a little more during our first few weeks at home, but I am sleep deprived!
We are still feeding Hannah Kate every three hours, even at night. For the first few nights, we both got up with her at each feeding and I would do my business and Wesley would give her a bottle. When we went to JC at the end of the first week at home, HK did not have a good night and I did not get much sleep. When it was time for her 6 o'clock feeding, Wesley told me to stay in bed and he would take care of her. That worked so well, that we have started doing that-I get up and do her middle of the night feeding by myself and Wesley does her first early morning feeding. It works great for us both during the feeding when we get to sleep, but it's not so fun when you have to be awake by yourself trying to feed a sleeping baby! It is better than being completely sleep deprived though. A couple of times during the first few nights, I woke up holding HK asking her if she was hungry and about to change her diaper---then I would look at my phone and see it was an hour before her next feeding. I guess I heard her grunting and just assumed it was time to feed her! The best story I did document on Facebook (below). It was VERY entertaining reading everyone's responses. There were at least 30 of different people's stories about their sleep deprivation during newborn weeks. :) We laughed so hard that we cried.....it could have just been that we were so sleepy though!

HK is eating & has survived her sleep deprived parents--Wesley woke me up about an hour ago frantically looking for her bottle. I had her out of the bassinet & was about to get milk from the fridge when I realized he was looking for the bottle she had finished last time. When I realized that, I looked at the clock & saw it wasn't time for her to eat. At one point, I looked at him and said, "What'd you do, fall asleep FEEDING HER?!" Wesley was still saying something about feeding her when we went back to sleep. I just remembered this whole experience & looked at him & said "what happened earlier?" his response "I have NO idea!"

April 6 at 4:15am

Top of Form



No comments:

Post a Comment