Monday, April 25, 2011

Going Home Day


4.3.11 Sunday night-we were fairly certain that we'd get to go home the next day, so we made sure Amy came to see us!

Our two very special nurses-Amy and Michelle. We had such a great time with these ladies and NP Jenny (pictured below-she's the one who also went to Crieve Hall), that the family next door complained that we were too loud! I felt bad, but we had such a fun time with them. So much for getting a good night's sleep the night before going home....we didn't leave the hospital until 2 am!

Going Home Day!
4.4.11
8 weeks, 5 days old

Our going home day was a whirlwind! Dr. Prince came in and told us that since HK had gained weight on plain breast milk (no supplement) for 2 days, she was good to go. As soon as we got the go ahead, Wesley went to Celia's to load up our stuff. There were supposed to be bad storms and we wanted to get on the road in between two different lines of storms. Lindsay was supposed to stop by to see us after she got out of a class she had to attend, and I was very scared that we were going to miss her! While Wesley was gone, the hospital had a yellow and orange alert for weather. I got pretty nervous when HK's nurse brought in 2 big hospital blankets and told me to cover HK with them if a red alert was announced. Awesome! There was a tornado warning for the county. Wesley got back and we waited until her next feeding to leave.
We had several visitors before we left:

Nurse Allison-who we hadn't seen in a month! (she had been sick and given different assignments) We were so thankful to get to see her!


One last thought bubble thought...


I had the receptionist call Nurse Scarlett to tell her that we were going home.
We were thankful that she came by (and super sad that we didn't have her that day-we aren't quite sure what happened!).

Scarlett starting tearing up and said she wasn't prepared for this!

Thankfully, Lindsay came by right before we were going to leave.


She dressed HK one last time. I was fighting back tears!


Lindsay helped us load ourselves down with bags and even took the elevator down with us. I was so thankful she was there. Somehow I felt a lot more calm with her with us!


Thanks to Nurse Lindsay for this picture!

Getting buckled in!

This was the last picture with the good camera....I had to pack it away and use my phone after this!

This was the weirdest feeling! I kept thinking, "How are we taking her home?!"
I totally cried all the way to the car after taking this picture.

I am really not sure how we fit in the car with all of our stuff!
Wesley proudly announced every "first" in the car. "This is Hannah Kate's first time on the interstate!" first time going under an overpass, being beside and behind a Honda Odyssey, etc. What a trip!

It literally took us 2 hours to get from the hospital to Murfreesboro. Not fun! A tractor trailer had overturned on the interstate. We stopped at this truck stop/gas station to get gas and feed HK. We had to change her on the top of this cooler. Wesley held her on while I changed her diaper. I had to document this! As he was handing her over the seat, I caught myself before I said, "Be careful, I don't think her cords will reach.".....um....she doesn't have cords anymore!
On a side note, during the next car trip there was no cooler and I said, "How will we change her diaper, we don't have a cooler?!"

A horrible picture, but we were finally home!!!! (Just in time to feed her again!)
The total trip that is normally 2 1/2 hours took 5 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment