Thursday, July 19, 2012

Polishing the Pulpit & a New Homeschooling Book

Hannah Kate has had a nasty stomach bug this week, so we have done nothing exciting around here. I am so ready to get out of the house and so thankful that Wesley stayed with her last night and let me go to Bible study. I was hoping we would venture to town today, but she got sick again this morning. This is crazy!
Anyway, here are two things I am excited about this week:
1) Polishing the Pulpit is less than a month away. I am SO excited about getting to see many of our Christian friends and hear so many wonderful speakers. I hope our friends who are not attending will consider making the trip-you will NOT be disappointed!
Here are some previous posts I have written about PTP.

2) Cindy Colley's new book Cindy Colley on Homeschooling is available for preorder and will be released on August 6th. I cannot wait to read it even though it will be awhile before we start school at home.  Here is part of what Cindy Colley says about the book:
  • It answers questions like:
*What about socialization?
*What if I didn’t graduate from college myself?
*When is a good time to begin?
*Can my homeschooled kids get college scholarships?
*But this is overwhelming. Where do I start?
* How do I withdraw my children from public school?
* Is there life after homeschooling? (How adult homeschoolers are faring in the “real world”.)
* What about all-day-long discipline in the homeschool?
  • I make no apologies for the fact that putting faith in our children was our most important reason for homeschooling and thus, is a major theme of the book. So, many of the ideas and related experiences in it may be helpful to those who are not homeschooling, but are diligently building faith in their families. I am prayerful that this book could play even a small part in ultimately preparing the next generation to defend the cause of Christ against the inevitable attacks of humanism. To do this, our kids have to have a good work ethic, they must be independent thinkers and we must foster in them an enthusiasm about learning truth. That’s what this book is about.
She also has an excerpt from the book on her blog post from today.  
I think it will be a great read for any parents at all-whether you plan to homeschool or not.

3) We find out what this baby is in less than a week! I am so excited! I am still struggling with our choice of names, but since we have picked them out so long ago, nothing else sounds right to me.  Be sure you vote (poll on the right of the blog) as to what you think we are having.  We will take belly pictures again on Sunday and post them soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment