Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Farmhand

Last Thursday evening, we had a strong wind storm (but not one drop of rain like we needed).  On Friday morning, Hannah Kate and I had to go make sure the bulls had moved the rest of the way to their new lot.  They hadn't.  I yelled, "Go!" to them a few times to get them headed in the right direction.  After that, Hannah Kate yelled, "GO! GO!" over and over.  We had almost gotten to where they needed to be when we found this big tree across the fence.  Three of the bulls went under and continued to where they should go and the other two went across the fence. Thankfully, we were able to open a gate, yell "GO! GO!" (of course), and get them in the right place. Even after they were in the correct place, Hannah Kate was still yelling "GO! GO!"
I had to get on and off the four-wheeler several times to open/close gates and Hannah Kate sat on there by herself like a champ. :)

This morning, a neighbor came to tell me that there was a calf out.  I had to wake Hannah Kate up, change her clothes, get a sippy cup of milk, and go.  It was a calf that had been out after the storm last week and I don't know if it was ever back in the correct place. Anyway, when we found it, Hannah Kate started yelling, "MOOO! GO!" over and over.  If you don't know, this is not the proper way to get a scared, lonely calf back into the right place. I kept telling her we had to be quiet and not yet, but she did not understand!  After lots of trying and maneuvering and Hannah Kate yelling "MOOOO! GO!" we were able to get it into a fenced lot.  Wesley will have the honors of getting it in with the rest of the herd when he gets home tonight.
I'm ready for our farm owners/managers to get back home!
I told Wesley that everything happens when I'm alone and he said, "Why do you get all the fun?!"  This is hard work when you are by yourself, with a baby on the four-wheeler, and a baby in your belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment