Monday, June 11, 2012

Announcing & Ma Coley

We went to visit my parents and Ma Coley the weekend after my last appointment.  I had moved the appointment to the Friday before so we could make sure everything was still okay before we made the big announcement.  We told my parents by showing them some pictures of Hannah Kate. We had a giraffe picture from the zoo and then it went to the Guess What? pictures.  My dad was holding the laptop and he just got a huge grin on his face. My mom couldn't really see the laptop, but she kind of squealed when she saw it.  We told Michael the same way the next day. It was nice to get to tell him in person this time instead of on the phone. 
When we went to Ma Coley's on Saturday, we told Carol, Sarah, and Ma Coley the same way, with the pictures.  Carol and Sarah were excited and Ma Coley's response was the best of all, "Oh, I was hoping!"  :)  SO sweet.  Celia was in a wedding, so Sarah showed her the picture on her phone when they went to the wedding.  
Ma Coley is being cared for by hospice now. We appreciate our church family's prayers for her and our family.  She is hanging in there.

Somehow, I only took a few pictures at Ma Coley's for the whole weekend.
 
We told Wesley's parents on Sunday night when we got back (with the same pictures-Wesley changed his mind about using the toilet picture for them at the last minute!).  Martha said, "Oh, really?" and Dean smiled.  We finally got to tell Mark, Jana, and Melva Jean on Wednesday night before services when we were at Dean and Martha's for supper.  Hannah Kate got to wear her big sister shirt that night.  Brittany took a family picture of us at East Side. When I get that, I'll post it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment