Friday, November 5, 2010

Baby Spice

I think every post should have a fun title....it was this or "update" and "update" is not fun.
We went to see our doctor here again today (this makes 3 weeks in a row-I told them I just need a standing appointment!). Last week, she wanted to have blood work done because my heart has been racing. The nurse called Monday and said I have an "extremely" hyperactive thyroid and needed to come back in this week. Wesley was not happy with that diagnosis and said there is not a good medication for this during pregnancy. We prayed, friends prayed, and today the doctor said it's only mild. She was surprised that the nurse had said it was extreme! She showed us the numbers from the blood work and the number that is important was 1.97 (normal is 1.76). She is going to check with the high risk doctor Monday, but she said they probably won't put me on any medicine for the thyroid at this point. She did give me a prescription for medicine to help with my heart rate and I have to have an EKG on Monday. I also had to have a chest x-ray done. I have pleurisy and it had gotten better this week. Last night, I coughed, felt a pop, and had extreme pain all night/most of today. I figure I might as well have an exciting pregnancy, right?! I go back to see her Tuesday/Wednesday and for the EKG and chest x-ray results, medicine decision, and an ultrasound. She told me today that she knows I don't want to miss school, but I'm too complicated to come for a 4 o'clock appointment anymore! She wants me to come in earlier so that I can have labs/ultrasound done when needed. I LOVE my doctor. She is so good to us and she gives me a hug before I leave every time. Today I was joking about all of these "issues" I have, and she said, "I'm glad you can laugh about this!" I am very thankful for her.
Oh! Here's another highlight of today's appointment: I gained 3 pounds! I have lost 2 pounds during the whole pregnancy, so I was super pumped to finally see the number go up (the only time in my life, I'm sure!).

Okay-enough of that, every post must have a fun title AND pictures!

Last week was Red Ribbon Week at school. One day was dress like a band/rock star "Band together against drugs." Higginbotham decided the Kindergarten ladies should be the Spice Girls because there were five of them. She also decided I should be "Baby Spice" (hence the title of this post)....very clever, huh? It was difficult to find a Spice Girl outfit because .... 1) they weren't very modest and we were going to be modest! 2) my belly is big and I don't think Spice Girls had big bellies! Oh well! It worked out well because I finally posted something on Facebook about our pregnancy, so some school people knew the news....they definitely knew when I "unhid" my belly and had "Baby Spice" pinned on my belly! Here are the Spice Girls with the guy from Kiss. Coach Dance went home during lunch just to put his makeup back on for us!! On another school note.....I have told my classroom parents that we are expecting and that there are complications so that they would understand why I have been/will be out so much. I have not told the kiddos-I said that they could just notice when my belly is large. One of the moms emailed me last weekend and said that her little girl said, "Mommy, Mrs. Skelton rubs her belly sometimes. I think there's a baby in there, but I'm not going to ask her because I don't want to pull my clip!" Yesterday, one of my boys (who is just about eye level with my belly) was talking to me and I was rubbing on my belly.....he just stared at my stomach and had his head turned like a puppy dog...it was hilarious. I would l love to know what he was thinking!

Here is our first baby hat! I bought this yarn at about 7 weeks and got green, yellow and white since I was ready to knit but didn't know to use pink or blue......things got crazy and I just finished it. Oh well. They can just have yellow and green ones in addition to their pink or blue ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment