Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Drumroll, please!

Over 50 people voted on the blog and 18 people on my Facebook status..........and here is the truth...Well, this is the truth as of today. (I really maybe shouldn't have hyped it up so much today because it is early, and we can't be 100% sure yet, but.......)
...GIRL...
...GIRL...
...GIRL...
: )
Insert obligatory "potty-bowl" view picture (thanks, Kyle, for allowing me to borrow the terminology) here:Like the "?" that Kelly, the ultrasound lady, typed in. That made me laugh! I am 16 weeks today, so it is a little early to be able to tell. She said 3 white lines generally mean "girl parts." We are going with girls. Wesley expressed concern that this will really be a boy and then he will have gender role issues because I called him Hannah Kate in the womb. It's not like I'm dressing a boy in pink clothes! I don't plan on buying anything pink yet just in case, although I am very anxious to start knitting a Christmas stocking! I guess I can wait a couple of more weeks for that.
The rest of the appointment went well. Baby heart rates were good, my chest x-ray was clear, the EKG was normal (we think-that is what the lady told me yesterday when she did it, but Dr. H hadn't received the results yet), my heart rate was normal (thanks to the medicine), and I got my flu shot! I go back on Tuesday, November 23rd, to the doctor here and the next day is our next Vanderbilt appointment. Dr. H pointed out that today was my first appointment in awhile where we didn't have a new problem. Hopefully, this is starting a trend! Oh, and I lost my pound that I had gained, but she thinks I will do better about gaining now that my heart rate will be normal.

Random thoughts:
*Our poor child is having her "girl parts" posted on the world wide web.....but it's normal to do this. That's a little odd! I hope she doesn't mind!
*Names: Hannah Kate, Rachel and Leah. We don't have middle names chosen for Rachel and Leah yet. We really wanted Bible names and Rachel and Leah suddenly popped in my head Sunday night because not only are they Bible names, but they were SISTERS! (The boy choices were Joseph and Benjamin...BROTHERS!) Hannah Kate will be Hannah Katherine (maybe) but we will call her "Hannah Kate."
*What a sigh of relief that we will not have a Belteshazzar, Shadrach, Meshach, or Abednego (sorry, Wesley, they really are fantastic names!).
*I never felt like I KNEW what they were....I was thinking maybe 1 boy and 2 girls.
*I wanted to go to Babies R Us today to look at stuff, but Wesley voted no. I'm hoping for this weekend.
*Moms, what baby necessities are necessities???

And a sweet/funny story: Yesterday, one of my sweet girls (her mom is expecting also), gave me a big hug, patted my belly, looked at me and smiled a huge smile, then walked away. It was great! She didn't say a word. Some of my kids have figured out that there is something in my belly, but their sweet parents have told them not to say a thing. I am wondering how long until someone says something. I am betting this week or next week!

6 comments:

  1. WAHOO!!
    I voted 3 girls on your facebook and blog! What fun! I love their names.

    #1 Necessity:
    Little hairbows and KY Jelly to "stick" them on their heads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise! I came over to your blog from facebook and I just wanted to say congratulations on the babies! I know that no matter what happens, these little ones are truly blessings from the Lord. What a wonderful thing! We will be praying for you all.

    I am still learning a lot about motherhood, but some things I think that are necessary are: P.J.s with feeties, burp clothes that are the kind made out of the same material as the old cloth diapers (babies r us has them. i think they are gerber), lots of blankets for bundling up, the boppy pillow is handy but I only used mine for the first 2 months, a swing (although my baby hated the swing until she was 2 months old), and the shampoo/soap all in one for baby (so much easier than have 2 seperate bottles). That's all i can think of right now but really everyone is different so you might find different things work for you.

    Oh and I wish that I knew that Gerber onesies are ATLEAST 1 size smaller than they say they are AND you don't have to buy dreft baby detergent, other brands have detergent that is "free and clear" so it's sensitive for baby's skin.

    Also, girls rock!

    Also, I have a friend that named his boys shadrach and manasseh. bless their hearts. :)

    Ok sorry for the long comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby necessities
    -crib, pack-n-play, changing table
    -bassinet or Moses basket
    -diapers and wipes!:)
    -clothes, burp clothes, bibs
    -high chair
    -swing
    -some sort of baby big toys such as bouncers, jumperoo, play gym, excersaucer
    -stroller
    -diaper bag (by the way, Babies R Us have some really cute chic looking diaper bags right now)
    -bottles, breast pump, and accessories
    -pacifiers
    -wipe warmer (I did not end up using)
    -blankets, sleep sacks, receiving blankets
    -hats :) (somehow I think this will be well taken care of)
    -boppy
    -hair bows :)
    -diaper rash cream, shampoo/body wash, wash clothes, baby towels, gas medicine, baby tylenol
    -baby bowls and spoons
    -car seats (I registered for all of mine and have all the car seats I need until Mikey can sit in the regular seat. I'll be glad to tell you my favorites!)
    -grocery store cart cover
    -baby carrier or sling
    I'm sure there is more. If you go to Babies R Us online you can start your registry and then go to the store and finish it. I enjoyed sitting at home on those days I was sooo tired and feeling useful as I added things to my registry. Glad things are on the up! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things I forgot that others haven't said...
    -temporal thermometer
    -baby monitor with motion detection
    -baby bath tub

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you don't mind hand me downs, I've got a lot of baby essentials covered! I'll try to go through everything to see what I've got! I know I have the diaper pail, a boppy pillow, jumperoo, swing, etc...

    ReplyDelete