Thursday, November 11, 2010

"I felt something MOVE!"

Last night, Wesley was mashing on my belly, acting like he was going to able to feel babies moving. I went into the whole, "I am not even sure if I have felt them, I'm really sorry it's going to be awhile before you feel them," spill....but he continued. Then, he jerked his hand back (like he had touched the electric fence), squealed (I have a feeling he won't like the term "squealed," but this is the truth!), and said, "I felt something MOVE!" I thought he was joking at first, but then I saw that his whole face was lit up. So, somehow, Wesley managed to feel the babies move, but I didn't. Then, he went into the whole, "I know this is backwards, but one day YOU will feel them TOO," spill. It was hilarious. I didn't even care that he felt them and I didn't! I am pretty sure I felt them move yesterday morning when I was doing small group with my class. (I have "felt" movement a few times before, but it's when I was thinking about how I wanted to feel it-so I think I made it up. Yesterday morning, I was thinking nothing about that, so that is why I think it was real!) After his successful try then, he mashed even harder on my belly trying to feel them. At one point he said, "There's something moving right under my ring finger," and lifted his hand up so I could feel in that one spot. I didn't feel anything. One day! :)


And a funny story from today, the sweet little girl who pats my belly at school said:
Mrs. Skelton, your belly keeps getting much and much bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment