Thursday, January 8, 2015

Modesty

"Now, I’ll admit, when my four-year-old attempts to wear the new spaghetti strap tank-top, she doesn’t look immodest. She still manages to look innocent and dignified. So, why won’t I allow my daughter to begin wearing these types of tank-tops at age four? Because the battle she and I will inevitably have over tank tops will be a lot easier to win if the standard never changes. The same rings true for two-piece bathing suits and other clothes that will not protect her dignity and mystery when she is at a more womanly stage in her life."

I agree! This is why we have never dressed our daughters in clothing that we wouldn't allow them to wear as they get older. I am thankful for our friends who have been encouraging examples to us about this. I also really liked how this mom explained it to her daughter. Great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment