Saturday, November 24, 2012

Micaiah NICU Day 3 (11.24)

Weight: 2740g ~ 6 lbs 0.6 oz (same as the day before)

Breathing: he was moved to VapoTherm/nasal cannula this morning, 3 Liters & has been anywhere from about 25-30s% oxygen level today (21% is room air)
When it's down to 1 Liter (I think), he can start oral feedings.

Feedings: increased to 30mL ...... YIKES! 

Since he's off of CPAP, he was able to have the heat on his bed turned off, can be swaddled and..... the best part is that we get to HOLD him! :)  





 He has hats and diapers....I think we're good to go!

 He LOVES his paci!
 This evening, Wesley went home to clean up and have Thanksgiving with everyone.  I stayed here (since I'm a patient) so I could be a mommy and got in some good cuddle time too.
I'm being discharged from the hospital tomorrow.  I am not really sure how we are going to balance everything at home and here, but hopefully we won't have to balance kids in two places for long.



1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy I found your blog. Sounds like your little one is progressing perfectly:) Would love to catch up with you at some point! I know things are quite hectic right now...but I'd love to fill you in on the ministry that I have started. With your NICU experience, I think you would really enjoy learning more:) Contact me whenever you have a moment: melissa.l.clay@gmail.com
    I will keep you and your's in my prayers in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete