Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pinterest recipe



Oh, Pinterest......I love it and I spend way too much time on it! If you haven't checked out Pinterest, you are missing out but probably not wasting a lot of time. It's a wonderful place to get ideas on all sorts of different things as well as save ideas you have found online. I have "boards" for homeschool, hk, hk's 1st birthday, Bible time, recipe ideas, picture ideas, and one entitled "neat" because I thought I had too many boards and that can just be a catch all for everything else! A friend "pinned" a Deep Dish Cookie Pie recipe and I thought it looked pretty amazing. The trouble is, I pin all kinds of things but the only things I have made so far have been headbands for Hannah Kate that are too small for her fat head! This weekend, I made the Deep Dish Cookie Pies....the easy way....because I ran out of time from making baby food and didn't have time to make my own cookie dough. That's okay though because Nestle Tollhouse does a great job! The other thing is, I didn't have an ramekins (those tiny cooking dishes that someone tonight said look like ketchup containers), so I used what I did have......my 16 oz Pyrex bowls. Please note that the ramekins are either 4 or 7 oz containers. Now, I didn't fill them completely with cookie dough, but I just called them the Super Size Cooke Pies. And they were pretty amazing. You can find the recipe here (and know that really, all you have to do is mash some cookie dough in a small dish and cook it....but leave it a little doughy.....then add ice cream...YUM!). Someone this morning suggested putting chocolate syrup in the center of the cookie dough before you cook it....Yeah, I'll be trying that next time!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment