Wednesday, June 15, 2011

First & Second Trip to Church Services

Wednesday, June 1st, was Hannah Kate's first opportunity to go to church services. We were SO thankful to be able to go as a family instead of Wesley and me taking turns!

I saw a sign similar to this online and decided to make my own. I know people LOVE babies but sometimes they get a little too "handsy"-we are so more cautious about this now after having Hannah Kate. I would have been careful with a full term baby, but with a preemie-you have to be even more careful. Thankfully, everyone has been very understanding and doing their part to help keep Hannah Kate healthy and safe!

In the car!

On the pew!

She did not last long in the car seat :/

After services. Hannah Kate made it about 7 minutes through the lesson. She was fighting sleep and was being a little vocal about it, so we stepped out.

Maggie thought she needed her picture taken too (of course she was right!).

On the way home-she fought sleep until we were in the car....then there was nothing she could do!


Sunday, June 5th, was Hannah Kate's first opportunity to attend Sunday morning worship and Bible study. She wore this beautiful dress made by my grandmother's friend. I need to take close up pictures of the dress because I loved it so much! I was "saving" the dress for the first time she went to worship and it's a little tight around the neck now! BUT, we made the most of it when she wore it and got some pictures! Everyone loved the dress!

This is her "Heisman Move"-for about a week, she did this every time we put her down especially when we were going to change her diaper. Hilarious.

Wide eyed!

Hannah Kate did great in class with us-then I had to take her out to give her a bottle right after communion. We made it back in just in time for the closing song.

This one was from her second Sunday :) This dress was made by the same lady and was a gift from the congregation's "Dorcas Group"-they are so sweet to make things for new babies!

She did much better on her second Sunday (maybe a week of VBS was what she needed?!)-she finished up her bottle before time for communion and then slept like a champ through the rest of the service.

We are so thankful to be able to attend worship services as a FAMILY and are prayerfully training Hannah Kate on how to conduct herself during worship. I have already learned that she sounds way louder to me than anyone else! Wesley held her during services Sunday night and did great-he was much more patient than me at helping get her to sleep and dealing with her noises as she did that. She stayed in the auditorium the whole time. :) ..... well, until the end of the lesson then it was time to for her to eat!

2 comments:

  1. Is that the same red chair that you took Maggie's pictures on? I'm jealous of the red chair. I want a red chair!

    ReplyDelete