Thursday, June 12, 2014

Hannah Kate Update




Clothing Size: 3T bottoms, some 4T tops
Shoe Size: 8
Weight: 32.5 lbs
Height: 38-39 in (I think)?  She wanted to be "checked out" at the doctor yesterday when we went for Micaiah's appointment, so they weighed & measured her too.

~She recently heard someone went to Disneyworld & asked me what it was.  I told her it is where Mickey Mouse, Cinderella, & "those little girls on Frozen" live.  She said, "Oh yeah! I want to go THERE!" Later that week, she said, "Mommy, I don't want to go to Heaven. I want to go to Bisneyworld!"  I assured her that you can go to both.  :)
~She loves Bible class & really loved VBS.  She keeps asking if it's VBS time again.
~Evidently in VBS one night, they were discussing obeying God & being baptized to go to Heaven.  Hannah Kate asked her teachers, "Where do you go if you DON'T obey God?"  She had them stumped on an age appropriate answer.  Nice.  The funny thing is, we had discussed that in the car that night & she kept asking me the name of the place, so I told her.  Crazy kid.
~She loves: to color, do stickers, & paint, going to story time at the library & playing with her friend Addison, acting out Bible stories or things she saw in movies, eating at restaurants (I promise she asks almost everyday to go to one-we don't!)
~She has recently started "doing jobs" that are for our family & some that she gets paid for.  She has give, save, & spend banks & has been able to put money in the contribution twice.  This is really exciting & she is at least beginning to repeat the concept that it's God's money, not ours.  In the drive thru line at the bank the other day, she said, "But I don't want those people to put their money in the bank! I want them to give it to GOD!" Her jobs: pick up mulch off of driveway, collect eggs, water flowers, pick up toys, clean up table after meals, put clothes away, put shoes away, clean baseboards/cobwebs, use broom or dustbuster to clean up floor after meals
~We have been talking about the upcoming mission trip to Jamaica & she keeps saying she is ready to go! (I wish we could!)
~She really wanted to name our baby "Queen Esther." She has finally realized that we will not be doing that, so "Queen Esther" is in her belly. Yesterday, she was in her belly & then she was a baby doll who "can't talk yet."
~She randomly says, "Mommy, are you SO EXCITED that we are having a 'nother baby?!"
~She loves playing with her friends.  She asks a LOT if we can go see Melanie, Ella, & Kelsey or if we can go to PTP.
~Yesterday, she said, "Mommy can you get me some gum so I can take it to work like Daddy?"  Apparently, all Daddy does at work is chew gum :)
~Every morning when she wakes up, she immediately asks where Daddy is & then says, "But I miss him."
~She loves when Papa makes her cinnamon rolls on Sunday mornings.
~Since I had my glucose test, she will pretend that she has to drink a "yucky drink," act all pitiful, say her head hurts, & then ask, "Did I pass my test?!"
~She prays for "Mommy, Daddy, Caiah, & me to grow up to be strong & faithful Christians."
~When she prays for people who are sick, she immediately asks if they are "all better now."
~She is still having sensory issues with socks (not quite as bad, thankfully!)/clothes, things on her hands, falling asleep relatively quickly, getting wet if I spray her hair.....right now (knock on wood!) it seems to have settled down.  Everything was really bad a few weeks ago.  It comes & goes!
~Her writing has changed-now she makes little circles & lines.  I tried to get her to write an H this week.....we have a lot of work to do, but that's okay!
We sure love this girl!

Pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment