Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Hannah Kate & Mommy Meet the Duggars!

Last night, Hannah Kate, Brittany, Leah & I went to a Duggar family book signing! We love their show 19 Kids & Counting, & I was super excited when I heard they were going to be nearby!  We left Micaiah with Nana because he wasn't feeling great.  I am SO glad we did because we waited in line for two hours....I don't know that he would have lasted that long!

Hannah Kate was all smiles! She was SO GOOD!  I was really proud of her.  :)
I am so thankful Brittany & Leah went with us--Hannah Kate & I might not have survived the wait without them!
Hannah Kate passed the time by reading a lot of books.
She would choose the biggest one, plop down with it, & say, "This is my FAVORITE! I don't know the words."

The highlight was definitely the aisle that had tables.






Hannah Kate did a great job saying, "Hi! My name is Hannah Kate. It's nice to meet you!" Then, she even remembered (Mommy forgot), "We brought you a present!" 


Right before we took this picture, Hannah Kate sneezed....EVERYWHERE. I had NO tissues-thankfully the Barnes & Noble lady took care of us! Of course, that totally threw Hannah Kate off....that & patiently waiting for two hours. 




Those who know Hannah Kate will not be surprised that she went straight for the jewelry when she met Mrs. Michelle. Michelle was so sweet & said, "Someone shared these bracelets with me, is it okay if I share one with you?" and she gave HK one of the Rainbow Loom bracelets.Hannah Kate was very proud!!
Meeting another preemie mom! We saw Josie in the bathroom & I told Brittany that I should have shamelessly asked for a picture then since we missed her later. Oh well!! Fun times!!!!!  Wesley said he was disappointed in me because I could even remember what they said to us, but by this point we were kind of being rushed through the line.  We were thankful for our 15 seconds with them though! The book store staff was amazing-they had everything perfectly planned & it went very smoothly.  When we got to the part close to where we would get to see the Duggars, one of the employees said that 500 people had gone through that point.  There were probably that many behind us too!  The Duggars had postcards for us to fill out with our contact info & a place on the back to tell them whatever we wanted or ask questions.  I had already written a card to them with the gift we took, but I thought that was so neat!  The lady who gave it to us said they read every one & that they would send us something in the mail!

More Duggar kids & friends!

After we left, we went & got a little treat for waiting so nicely-ChickfilA fries & ice cream!
Here is our signed book!  Hannah Kate has asked several times today if we could go see "those girls" again-she even cried before nap time because she wanted to go see them!




1 comment:

  1. NO WAY!!!!! Such a great experience for you and HK. I love the Duggars. I hope you asked Mama Duggar how she does it all. I can't get everything done with two kids!

    ReplyDelete