Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hannah Kate - 30 Months






Clothing Size: 2T (some 3T shirts)
Diaper Size: 5 or 2T Easy-Ups (only during bedtime or when we are out somewhere! Whoo hoo!)
Shoe Size: 7

*Three years ago today, we found out that we were finally expecting!  We had NO idea what plan God had for us at that time, but we are so thankful that His plan is always perfect.  We are thankful for Hannah Kate & the blessing she is to our family! 

~Hannah Kate still usually won't tell us if she needs to potty, but she will go when we take her & squeal if she has an accident (this is an improvement!).
~She has some serious obsessive moments that are stressing us (me) out.  Ugh.
~She cracks me up when she comes to me & says, "Want Mommy to sing...." then she will SAY the words to a song really fast. 
~She loves "Hi Time Alex Weah" (Signing Time with Alex & Leah)
~She wants to see Micaiah as soon as she wakes up each morning.  She says, "Well hello My-Caiah/wittle guy!"
~She got an ant bite at the beginning of summer. Now, she always wants to see the "bug on my weg," or find bug bites on me.
~She still talks about Karlee coming to visit & "Karlee say 'yay!'"
~She loves to check the garden & use her "digger."
~She loved going with Wesley on the four wheeler last month & picking blackberries, "They're my frav-orite!"
~She is a great helper in our family.  She can go to another room & come back with what we asked her to bring, put her dishes in the sink, open the fridge, get her dishes/fork for supper, get her snack out of the pantry, help with laundry, help cook, & clean up her messes!!!  (These are all things that we have practiced a LOT! It definitely slows things down doing it now, but we want her to know how helpful she is & important she is to our family.)
~She tells us what she wants us to say sometimes, "But you can......" Sometimes it is something she is allowed to do & sometimes not. I think she's trying to trick us!  Also, "Mommy not going to.." 
~She has started calling Nana "Marfa" (her name is Martha). It was cute the first few times, but I've been trying to explain that it doesn't show her honor & respect to call her that. Nana walked out of the house one night & Hannah Kate said "MARFA!" I popped her on the leg & we discussed it. A few minutes later, she said "want daddy to spank you (meaning herself)." I asked why & she shrugged her shoulders & said "I just like calling her Marfa!" Oh dear!
~One day, I put Micaiah down on the floor & said, "Watch this little boy." She immediately replied, "But it kind of like Caiah!" 
~If you tell her, "Let me see.....," she always says, "Ahhhhhh," while she shows you whatever it is.  
~She is all about knitting lately! I taught some of the girls/ladies at church how to knit & we have had knit-togethers at our house a few times.  She loves "knitting class." She wants her own knitting needle & ball of yarn.
~She absolutely LOVES Maggie & Mollie & playing with friends. She loves going to eat after church services with people.  I told Wesley one night, "At least she loves to fellowship!"
~She enjoys coloring & doing stickers on cards for people.  We made banana bread one day, & I was telling her how we were taking it to someone who was sick & how it would make them happy, etc.  The next week, we were doing cards & I explained that we were making the card for someone who was sick & she immediately said, "We can take her bread!"  
 ~She loves cups with straws & ice in her water.

Common sayings:
~My's (referring to Mommy's drink), see you after wittle while, your nother one baby/hand/foot, but I wake up this night (we laugh every time she says this & we still haven't figured out what she means), & Daddy too & Mommy too & Caiah too & me too! (if we are going somewhere), it kind of like...., hoopy woo (hula hoop-not a common saying, but it was funny)

No comments:

Post a Comment