Saturday, July 6, 2013

Jamaica

This past week & next week, some our church family is conducting a mission campaign in Jamaica.  We haven't been since Hannah Kate came into the picture and we miss it SO MUCH.  Wesley had been almost every year from the year he turned 16 until 2009.  I have been five times.  We are so thankful that God is blessing the church in Buff Bay with a great campaign & has added three souls to His church this week (Acts 2:47).  One day when our kids are out of car seats, we are going back!  I miss it so much.  Just looking at these pictures for this blog post makes me so sad.  These were from our last trip in 2009.  I absolutely cannot wait to take our kids.  Here are more pictures & details about previous trips we took.  Jamaica was the first place I ever saw the ocean (in 2004). I got out the album of pictures from my first trip & was showing Hannah Kate this week.  She kept asking to touch the ocean too, & I said, "We have to tell Daddy to take us to Jamaica!"

 I miss these sweet girls SO MUCH!  I am pretty sure that they are so big now that I wouldn't recognize them. :(
Bro. Fitzroy was baptized during my very first campaign.  During this campaign, he was a student at the Jamaica School of Preaching. Now, he is a preacher in Jamaica & this week, he preached his first sermon in a crusade.  I wish we could have been there, but we are anxiously awaiting a CD of the lesson!  Last year, he got married on the weekend in the middle of the campaign & this year he & his sweet wife are expecting a baby!



Hannah Kate's current memory verse seems pretty appropriate,
"Go into all the world & preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15

No comments:

Post a Comment