Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Zoo Part 1

 On our "vacation" that we took recently, we stayed with some friends near Richmond, Virginia.  I had been wanting to take Hannah Kate to the zoo, so when I pulled up the Richmond Zoo homepage and saw a picture of a family (with a little baby Hannah Kate's age) feeding a GIRAFFE........I was sold!  First, we saw some birds, which was handy since Hannah Kate likes birds and can sign and say bird (she's signing bird her way in the top picture).  Then, we saw some monkeys, lemurs, other animals, I don't really remember what all because after that we saw GIRAFFES!!!
 I seriously almost cried when I saw them and knew we were taking Hannah Kate to them.  I was a little excited. :)  When Wesley saw them from a distance, he said, "Hannah Kate, Mama's about to start running." Ha ha....I didn't run, but I may have walked very fast!

I bought a $2 cup of giraffe food from the people concession stand and it was worth every penny!

 SOOOOOO FUN!  I asked a random lady to take our picture and this was exactly what I had envisioned. :)



This was a little bit of a picture overload, so I'll save the rest of the zoo pictures for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment