Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas with Our Little Family

Christmas Day went nothing like I had planned. I should have guessed that might happen! Hannah Kate was a real trooper and did well considering she only got one short nap and we were not at home where she could play for the majority of the day. Christmas Day made me thankful for the rule my dad had that we didn't go visiting on Christmas. We always exchanged presents and played at home and enjoyed time with our family. Hopefully we will be able to do more of that next year. Anyhow, our first Christmas with Hannah Kate was wonderful simply because we had her with us! Here are our pictures from Christmas night.

Hannah Kate's favorite way to open gifts this year included chewing them. :)
Hannah Kate had a sippy cup and two sets of silverware in her stocking.
We decided to not "do" Santa but instead to give gifts that we think she will enjoy from us. Later on, if we want to pretend that Santa brings gifts, that's fine. We will still have her picture made with him and read stories about him, but she will know that for our family it's just pretend.

We knew she was getting lots of gifts from family, so we only got her one toy and two books-and we put money in her bank account.
My favorite gift that I gave this year was a blanket I had knitted for Wesley. I had been working on it since the end of June/first of July and I finished it the week of Christmas. I had serious doubts that I would be able to finish it in time, but I did. Hannah Kate wrote him a little note to show him what a good "helper" she was with the blanket. (the pictures are hilarious....I will have to upload them later)
He was completely shocked! He had had no idea that I was doing it. I was so excited! He was excited that it was the first blanket he's ever had that was just his size.
We are immensely blessed and thankful for our precious girl! What a wonderful Christmas blessing to have her with us!


The toy we got Hannah Kate was a plastic purse that plays music and has "purse stuff" inside. Hannah Kate's favorite part was a little cell phone that rattles when you shake it.
Wesley's blanket

And just because this blog is like a journal, I have to include the end of our Christmas...........we spent the last 2 hours of Christmas night emptying our pantry and opening every package in an effort to get rid of "pantry moths." Fun times.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. So, does Hannah Kate ever cry? Every picture I see of her is that beautiful smile! I LOVE this baby girl. I miss you too, but you know that!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!! Looks like a great holiday. I am SO sorry about the pantry moths. :( I had those in my cabinet last year and I completely understand how frustrating it is. If you don't already know, there are traps you can get (I think at Lowe's) to put in your pantry. Also, what helped me was putting everything that comes in a box in a clear air-tight container.

    ReplyDelete