Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cowgirl


Hannah Kate and I have enjoyed checking cows every afternoon.





This is Jeans....one of my favorite cows. I raised her as a bottle calf when I was a senior in high school. After a few years, my dad sold her. When Wesley's dad bought some cows a few years ago, the man who was selling the cows was going to take Jeans to the stockyard because she was so old. We talked him into throwing her in for free. She's just happy to be alive!



When Wesley is off, Hannah Kate and I like to go with him to check cows and tag new calves.

Checking cows is sleepy work....I had put her forward facing so she wouldn't go to sleep because I wanted her to take a good nap in her crib. It didn't work!


These next two were from Saturday. It was cold. I put two pair of pants, two pair of socks, 2 shirts, a jacket, and a pair of socks on Hannah Kate's hands to keep her warm. She was thrilled.

When I put her hat and her hood on, it was all over. She was so embarrassed! Don't worry, she stopped crying when we got outside and I bought her a "winter suit" thing this week, so she doesn't have to look like a homeless baby.

Hannah Kate and Mommy with Jeans.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment