Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy Times!

We are home from another appointment today. This is the first time I have seen my fertility doctor since we found out we are having twins. I was interested in seeing his reaction. When the nurse opened the door to call me back, she just grinned and I said, "How about that?!" She said, "Be careful what you wish for, huh?" When the doctor came in, he was all smiles and talked about how nice it was to call home from a 3 week trip and hear such good news. When the babies came up on the ultrasound screen, he kept saying "Beautiful, just beautiful." That was music to my ears because I had been super extra nervous all morning about the appointment. He said this will be the last time he will see me, and we have to keep him "in the loop." They went ahead and made an appointment for me with my regular OB (I decided to stay with the one I have seen twice already). I go Friday afternoon just to talk and get information and again on Monday for an actual visit with the doctor. Somewhere in there they will do blood work too. He also told me to stay on the extra progesterone until 11 1/2 weeks.

Enough talk! Time for pictures!
Baby A measured at 9 weeks, which is back to where we originally thought.
Baby B measured at 8 weeks, 5 days.
(I think....I'm already mixing their information up! Ugh!...anyway, you get the point!)
The nurse wrote A & B on the top of the pictures so we would know which is which-this is very important information!

Baby A was upside down. Baby B was on his/her back.



Baby A's heart rate is at the top (185) and Baby B at the bottom (183).

So yesterday I am pretty sure I looked pregnant. I will not be wearing that shirt again! I asked my assistant (Kathy) at school if she thought I did and she said, "Um, yeah.......but just a little!" Wesley's comforting words were, "Don't worry, maybe people will just think you are fat!" How sweet....he was trying to make me feel better. (Then, this morning when I was saying I was extra nervous he said, "But you LOOK pregnant! Everything is fine!") We aren't going to be able to keep this a secret much longer! I think the plan is to wait until next weekend when Martha is back from Disney so she can be there when we announce the happy times in Cleveland. We'll try to keep everything off of Facebook until then. This weekend, Daddy is coming to Cleveland with some cattle and is bringing Ma Coley so we can tell her. Mom is going to see Granny in Alabama and we are going to tell her over Skype.
Lots of fun! You know there will be pictures of that!

Oh.......and just for clarification, I asked, and there are only TWO babies. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Love Love Love the new pics of my nieces/nephews or niece & nephew! And you so better wait to make sure Martha is @ East Side when it is announced! I can't wait to make Maggie wear her I am going to be a BIG cousin shirt! I've shown the pictures of the shirt to Kristy & Martha, & they both love it! Love you guys!
    -Aunt-2-B

    ReplyDelete