Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Arrows in Our Hand S1E7 "So You Had a Bad Day"

Season 1 Episode 7: "So You Had a Bad Day"
Everyone has a bad day every now & then. How do you handle it? What do your children learn from watching you in this situation? On this episode, we give strategies we've used to survive those days (believe me, we have had lots of experience with this!). 

One of the strategies we discussed was meditating on Scripture.  I asked some friends for verses that they turn to during a bad day & received a LOT of suggestions. Hopefully, these will help you as much as they have me!

~Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath~Philippians 4:8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.~2 Corinthians 12:9But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.Colossians 4:5-6~Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.2 Corinthians 10:5~We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,~James 1:2Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,~Galatians 6:9And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.Ephesians 4:26~Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger,Ephesians 4:29~Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.~Psalm 61~Psalm 46:10“Be still, and know that I am God.I will be exalted among the nations,I will be exalted in the earth!”~Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me.~Joshua 24:15But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.~John 14:1Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.~1 Corinthians 15:58Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.~Colossians 3:2Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.~James 1:19Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger;~1 Peter 5:7 casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you~Hebrews 12:11Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
~Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go,And when he is old he will not depart from it.~Psalm 121:1
I will lift up my eyes to the hills—From whence comes my help?My help comes from the Lord,Who made heaven and earth.

~Isaiah 41:10fear not, for I am with you;be not dismayed, for I am your God;I will strengthen you, I will help you,I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.~Matthew 5-7~Psalm 23~Psalm 55~Psalm 127~Romans 5~1 Corinthians 15~Revelation 21



Practical Resource for this episode: 
"Some moments feel like eternity, the ones in which we're so exhausted we can't think of a kind thing to say, moments that find us unraveled on the floor with poop on our hands. But what if we were to actually invite eternity into those moments."
Read more at this link (disclaimer-we have only read this article from this blog, so we do not endorse anything else on there)



No comments:

Post a Comment