Today's episode is about our very favorite thing that our family does-Family Bible Time. We know it will benefit every family who does this. Our plan is to cover this topic a little more on the next episode, but we wanted to include some resources for you now.
Here is a random list of great resources for your family to use during family Bible time. I had planned on having a nice, detailed post, but I am home alone with three sick kids....sorry, folks! (Your prayers are greatly appreciated too!)
Here is a blog post I did about Bible time with Hannah Kate when she was a baby.
Our favorite family Bible time resources:
~Pinterest! I haven't done even a fraction of the things I have pinned on Pinterest, but there are tons of ideas out there! Here is my Pinterest if you want to check out what I have pinned.
~Friends-I am going to post some links to our friend's blog. They were our first big encouragers to do family Bible time & are still a great resource for us!
- Baby Bible Time
- Sample Bible Study Calendar Part 1
- Sample Bible Study Calendar Part 2 (topics they covered with their kids at certain ages! This was SO handy for us as we started!)
- Bible Story Chart
- Family Bible Time Game
- Quote & Eat! (Scripture memorization)
- God's Love Through the Bible
- Bible Scrabble (a great example of how to turn your family games into Bible games)
We started KidSing at home when Hannah Kate was about two years old (before it was started at our congregation). That has been a learning process! I hope to write a blog post about that soon! This is a great resource for kids & parents!!
~Bible song CDs:
- Each Little Dewdrop (our favorite)
- Children's Bible Songs by The Baker Family (this is a 2 disc set-we do skip some of the songs because there is clapping)
- Hannah's Hundred (Literally 100s of memory verses set to song)
*Please remember that these are not THE Bible. These are summaries of Bible accounts. You may need to add important details or remove any bits of false doctrine that may have been tossed in by the author. I do know there was one bit of false doctrine in the Egermeier's Bible, but I cannot remember where it was. Anyway, there is our disclaimer! Regardless, these are great resources. The cover is actually falling off of our copy of The Young Readers Bible.
- The Young Readers Bible (shorter, more concise entries & works better for shorter attention spans or as children are beginning to learn to read)