Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hannah Kate 35 Months

Clothing Size: 2T-3T
Shoe Size: 8

~Common sayings: "What will be their names?" (If I say we are going to see someone later), "What are you talking about to Daddy?" (alllll. the. time.), "Mom! Mom! Mom!" or "mommommommom!" (No more "Mommy please will you get me up please" from bed...sadness!) "Will you pray for me to feel better?" (in a pitiful voice with her hands folded)  "Where will we go after my nap?" (even at bedtime) "Welllll"
~Hannah Kate is serious about praying for people if she thinks they are sick.  It is the sweetest thing, she will bow, fold her hands, & pray or ask me to pray. As soon as we say amen, she asks if they are all better now.
~Hannah Kate LOVES Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood-on PBS & Netflix-she is singing songs from the show or quoting it all of the time.  I love it because they teach great things like "you can take a turn & then I'll get it back" or "when you have to go potty STOP & go right away!" I bought the soundtrack from Amazon & she loves it playing in her room.
~She also loves Dora still as well as building blocks, playing with her kitchen items & all of her food.  She spent all morning playing with real potatoes on her play plates.  She said, "Mommy, we're going to have tomato sauce!"  I said, "Well, those are potatoes."  She quickly replied, "We're going to have potato sauce! It will be so yummy!"  Good cooks are flexible, I guess.
~She does well with her memory verses still.  We've also been trying KidSing, but she is not so great at that.  We need to be more consistent, but she also doesn't have a great attention span for it.  We've gotten halfway through the first card, but she is hit or miss at knowing them.  Before nap, we went through her ABC Bible Verses & she knew every one that we have covered!
~She LOVES Bible class!
~Her BIG thing right now is, "I want to go to a rest-au-rant! After Bible class & worship, we will go to a restaurant with our friends, Mommy!" This girl could break our budget! At least she loves to socialize & fellowship!  Her favorite is "chips & sauce."
~She is now in a big girl bed.  It's a toddler bed with a half rail....she's managed to fall off once & I have found her sideways on foot of the bed twice, once hanging off of the bed from the waist down.  I do not know how to keep her in.  The first night in the new bed, she got the stomach virus.  After I had cleaned everything up, she looked at it & said, "Mommy, I do NOT want to sleep in THAT bed!" She ended up in the crib (it's still up in hopes that Micaiah will move in soon), got sick there, & spent the rest of the night in the recliner in the sunroom.  The next night, she went to the toddler bed again with no problems.
~Even though she sings about sharing like Daniel Tiger, she doesn't practice it very well! She does not love Micaiah getting her toys or tearing down her towers.  We are working on that.
~She loves to pet Micaiah or give him kisses before bed & to feed him.  She feeds him food & says, "I am a good mommy!" It's the sweetest thing.
~She can remember stuff so well. I put a shirt on her the other day, & she said, "I weared this shirt when I went to the doctor," ...... in September! I don't even remember what she wore then!
~We have had several baptisms recently at our congregation & Hannah Kate talks about one girl in particular & says, "I'm so glad she's a Christian!" She also frequently says, "I don't want to go to Heaven." I keep trying to explain that she isn't necessarily going right now :) I wonder what an almost three year old mind thinks Heaven really is!  After those baptisms, at another service, someone responded asking for prayers.  She saw them & said, "Who is going to Heaven now?!" Also, after the baptisms one night, she kept looking at the baptistery & told me, "Jesus is IN that water!" So sweet!
~We sure love this girl, but since Christmas, she has given us a run for our money in the behavior department.  She has experimented a lot with the words "no," "I'm won't come to you," etc. & getting lots of extra discipline for fit throwing & being defiant.  I am sure she is just testing the waters, but WHEW! Every time though, she comes to us & apologizes within a few minutes (by herself) for disobeying.
~She loves to cook & to make things for people.  We were preparing soup for the homeless shelter last week & I was explaining that the people didn't have homes to live in.  She immediately asked "What will be their names," then, "Can we build a house for them?" What a tender heart!

~She loves eating salads, cucumbers, dip!
~She is a good shopper!


She is the sweetest thing & we are HUGELY blessed by having her in our lives!


 Took these pictures with her Dora backpack for her Dora birthday party invitations!




No comments:

Post a Comment