Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The BEST Day!

I am still in shock. I've wanted a dog since before we started dating & Wesley is not a dog fan. Our poor chickens have been attached twice in broad daylight by dogs. After the last time (we lost 5 chickens), we've been throwing around the idea of a Pyrenees or Pyrenees mix guard dog. Today, our poor chickies looked so unhappy in their coop. I sent Wesley some Craigslist links to dogs not thinking anything of it. He called & said he'd talked to one lady & if I wanted to go I needed to call her. I was being very sensible saying we shouldn't actually buy a dog today because I didn't want to rush into anything. Wesley said if we went all the way there, we were buying a dog. We already had plans for "date day," so our plans changed to late lunch, buying a puppy & going to the store for puppy supplies! She's a six week old full blooded Pyrenees. The gray around her ears makes her "badger" color. We didn't really want one so young, but we didn't have many options. She is sleeping in the garage now because she's so little & it's so cold. Soon she will be with the chickies keeping them safe. Hannah Kate & I are in love & Micaiah is just excited!! She is not "allowed inside"--Hannah Kate cried because she wanted to take her to her room to play with her. So far we are calling her Bell. Fun times!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Cute puppy! :) It will be a good lesson for the kiddos to be responsible for something as they get older!

    ReplyDelete