Monday, September 30, 2013

Knowing God--Digging Deep in God's Word Bible Study

Ladies, the Digging Deep Bible Study is well underway for the study "Knowing God." Last month, we studied about how God protects & preserves His children as we looked at Exodus. Starting tomorrow, we will be studying about how God warns & instructs His children. Just reading the instructions for this month have me excited about this study. If you aren't already a part of this study, I hope you will jump in! Don't worry if you haven't done the previous studies, start studying today. I promise you will learn & grow spiritually!
Here is the assignment for October.

"October: God the Father Instructs & Warns His Children
Podcast Tuesday, October 22 7pm Central, 8pm Eastern

http://new.livestream.com/whcoc/for-women 

Read Deuteronomy 4-18. Make a note each time you find the word “heart.” The instructive commandments are given, even in the Old Testament, as appeals from a Father to the hearts of the people. God has always wanted the hearts of His children.
Read Psalm 119 and highlight or make a note of each time the word “heart” is in the text.
Read Psalm 51 about the cleansing of a broken heart. Make a note of what is the acceptable sacrifice in this text.
Read the Proverbs (concise instructive material) and highlight each instance of the word “heart”.
Make a list of favorite proverbs to discuss on the podcast."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I started reading Deuteronomy today.  As I was highlighting each time "heart" was mentioned, I noticed so many times the words "teach" & "taught," so I decided to highlight that as well.  Just in chapters 4-6, I highlighted 9 verses about teaching & 6 with heart.  How important it is for us to be taught & to hide these things in our heart!  So many times in those verses about teaching, it's mentioned not only so Moses could teach the people but so they could teach their children & their children's children.  This made me think today about how I need to be more focused on teaching my children. God stressed the importance of that to Moses & His people in Deuteronomy & it is still so important today.
Why? Deuteronomy 6:12, "lest you forget the Lord who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage." (& for us, the Lord who brought you out of the house of bondage of sin)

I hope you will join in on this study!  Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment