Sunday, December 2, 2012

Micaiah NICU Day 10 (12.1)

Weight: 2850g~6 lbs 4 oz

Breathing: Micaiah was on 50cc oxygen (a tiny amount) when I arrived at the hospital. They had tried putting him on 25cc in the night, but he protested that. Around 10am, they turned him down to 25cc & then around 3pm, they took him off oxygen!!

Feedings: Micaiah took all of his bottles great. He choked with me at 2:30pm & with Wesley at 5:30pm. The episode with Wesley was pretty bad. He desated to the 60s & was blue. Once we got him to cough after choking, he was fine. He just tries to eat too fast! He nursed twice & did great! I was encouraged that he gained 40g yesterday after nursing twice as well.

I went to the hospital for his 8:30am feeding. The NICU is closed 6:30am-10:00am & 6:30pm-8:00pm, but if I want to nurse during feedings during that time I can. That worked out well today because it gave me more time with him. Wesley & I switched around 3:00/3:30pm.

Hannah Kate "helped" Wesley on the farm this morning. He took her to his mom to eat lunch & she fell asleep in her high chair. She has never done that! That's what having a baby brother in the NICU will do to you apparently!

We are thankful for the good day Micaiah had & praying we're closer to taking him home.

















No comments:

Post a Comment