Tuesday, October 11, 2011

8 Months!

(asleep on Daddy last week-he looked at me and sadly said,
"Her arms can reach the bed now!")

How has our once tiny, tiny baby turned into a big ol' 8 month old?! We were looking at NICU pictures the other night and Wesley said, "Can you even remember her that tiny?" I distinctly remember when she was finally big enough that we could feel her breathe, and I was SO happy that I could watch her and not be so worried about watching the monitors! She has definitely come a long way!Diaper Size: 3
Weight: Still heavy (I still don't know :( )
Clothing Size: 3-6 months
Food Fun: She never liked rice cereal, so we moved on! She has eaten sweet potatoes, butternut squash, a Mum Mum (kind of like a rice wafer thing), and baby oatmeal. She does not care for the oatmeal, but when she is eating fruits, I will try mixing some in with the oatmeal and seeing how she does. She LOVES squash and slurps it off the spoon. She also is much less messier with squash.
Newest Tricks:
~Sitting up-she can't sit up by herself, but if we sit her up, she can stabilize herself, catch herself if she falls, and sit for quite awhile. Mrs. Diana from Early Intervention said today that she thinks she will be sitting up by herself by the end of the month.
~Her "talking" disappeared for a couple of weeks while she concentrated on sitting and it returned Saturday. I am so glad! I love to hear her talk! I have heard some consonant sounds (I think /b/ and definitely /m/) and lots of cooing!
~She can blow bubbles with her mouth.
~She's still a rolling machine!
~Anti-nap time......hopefully this is just because of some teeth and she will be over that soon!
~scooting....she can wiggle all over the place-on her back or belly-she has scooted on the back about a foot down her activity mat while I typed this!
~reaching for things-she has a lot more control of her hands and can manipulate things a lot better these days
~newest trick as of yesterday-she can put her toes in her mouth! She's been trying for quite awhile and has been doing a great job of stretching her socks completely out to have them in her mouth (and then her socks would be soaked!).

Things Hannah Kate Does Not Love:
~the sun (you've heard this before, huh?)
~rice cereal....oatmeal
~naps

Things Hannah Kate LOVES:
~Jumperoo
~Her sign language DVD-she has started crying when they start the last sign (She knows it's about to end)
~Reaching and grabbing things-the other night, I was holding her while I set the dinner table. She had to have her hand on every single thing I carried. I made a big deal about what a good helper she was (we've gotta start early, right?!)!
~Putting things in her mouth-anything at all. Everything belongs in her mouth, or so she thinks!
~Bible class
~Grabbing her feet and chewing on her socks!
~Daddy and Mommy (OF COURSE!)

We LOVE our girl! Enjoy the pictures!


with Daddy's wedding ring below


No comments:

Post a Comment