Wednesday, May 18, 2011

children=arrows

I am currently reading a book entitled "No Greater Joy" by Sheila Butt. It is excellent and I encourage all mothers (and grandmothers!) to read it! I thought this that I read tonight was worth sharing:
"The Bible says, 'Children are an heritage of the Lord. Blessed is the man who has his quiver full.' The bible likens children to arrows. We must aim them in a certain direction or the world will do it for us. We must grip the arrow firmly as we raise our children with consistent discipline and a firm foundation.
It is possible that children who never learn to obey or to be in subjection to their parents will never become Christians. They will never have learned to respect authority or to do something just because God said so. And like an arrow, over the years, we must gently release our children. Once the arrow or the child has been released, we can never call it back."
p48 "No Greater Joy" by Sheila Butt

My prayer as a mother is that Hannah Kate grows to love and obey the Word of God and lives a healthy life as a faithful Christian. I am thankful for the Word of God that guides me as a Christian wife and mother and for the excellent examples that I have in the Lord's church of Christian parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment