Monday, December 27, 2010

Doctors, Doctors....

The Wednesday before Christmas we went back for an appointment at Vanderbilt. We saw Dr. C again (who is the doctor we saw first). We also had another hour long ultrasound. I had felt the babies move a lot the Sunday before and then not so much Monday and Tuesday so I was paranoid. I love the ultrasound lady we see there-she is so sweet (and I feel horrible because I am not 100% sure of her name....I think it's Alicia....). I told her about the movement and she immediately ran the ultrasound "wand" or whatever it's called over my belly and said, "They're all still there," before she did anything else. :) We have seen Hannah Kate kicking poor Rachel and Leah on ultrasounds before, but she was really going to town this day. We even got a picture of it! Poor babies, they have nowhere to go and no way to defend themselves! The babies are still doing the same as they were before. The only big/different news this time is that I have to go back the Thursday after New Years to be checked again. There were some signs of possible preterm labor, so Dr. C wants to be sure and check everything out. I do not think that she is concerned/worried at this point-just being cautious. They will also either give me the steroid shot for the babies' lungs or plan it then as well. I will be 24 weeks at that point. She said she wanted to go ahead and give me the shots in case I have the babies in the next month. If I haven't, then I will get the shots again around 28 weeks (I think). Our next goal is to make it to February 1st (28 weeks), then March 1st (32 weeks). The house is nowhere near finished and these babies really need to stay put to be better off for Hannah Kate, so we are definitely holding out for March 1st or after!
We also toured the NICU at Vanderbilt and were very impressed! Each baby has his/her own room! I was pretty surprised by that. The nurses/parents decorate the windows/doors (it's all glass) with the babies' names......pretty cute! They also have sleeping rooms for families that is on the same floor as the NICU. It has a twin bed, small fridge, and bathroom with shower.

Here are pictures of Hannah Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment