Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Did you know there are two?"

Whew.......I just typed this all out and it is LLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGG, but it's worth it, so hang in there! :)

Friday afternoon we went to the doctor for another ultrasound. My hopes were to hear a heartbeat and see a healthy baby. I knew it would probably take awhile to get to see the doctor because they double booked my appointment in order for her to see me. My appointment was at 3:30 and I think she came in around 4:45. Wesley was not a patient waiter, but he made it. Dr. Holmes came in and talked for a bit then started the ultrasound. As soon as it popped up on the television screen, I could tell there were two babies. The one on the left was moving and looked bigger. The one on the right looked more like a circle shape and wasn't moving much. I started to panic thinking that there had been twins and something happened to one of them. (I am totally not a worry-er! I just have a lot to pray about!) Dr. Holmes asked the nurse to get an ultrasound tech and I was a little more concerned. As soon as the nurse left, Dr. Holmes looked at me and said, "Did you know there are two?" My response: "Are you kidding me? Are they both okay?" She assured me that they were fine. (The baby on the right started moving more and that made me feel better too!) I looked over at Wesley and he rolled his eyes at me, shook his head, and grinned, of course! The ultrasound took awhile because she needed to get good measurements of both babies. The baby on the left measured 6w1d and the baby on the right measured 6w2d. This was about 5 days behind what we thought I was. We were able to hear both heartbeats-what an amazing sound!! We heard the heartbeats for quite awhile because she was trying to get a heart rate for both. She ended up printing the heartbeat pictures for a tech to manually figure out on Tuesday. During the ultrasound, she looked at Wesley and asked if he was okay. She said some people cry and are not happy. I felt myself tearing up when she said there were two babies, but then I was smiling too big to cry! Dr. Holmes said she is pretty certain that they are not identical because you can see the division in between them.
When the ultrasound was finished and we were about to leave, I asked Dr. Holmes about pictures for us to take with us. She had forgotten to print some for us and then was afraid she would delete them off of the hard drive instead of printing them. She assured me we would get copies of the pictures, but we wouldn't have them for the weekend. Of course I asked, "Can I take a picture with my phone?" :) She said, "YES!" and got the picture with both babies. After I took a picture with my phone, she insisted on looking at it to make sure it was a good one. I really, really like her a lot! She said that my fertility doctor would probably want to see me at the end of this week or first of next week and that he would probably continue to see me until 10 weeks before he releases me to my regular doctor since I am having twins.
When we walked out of the office, Wesley said, "That room's barely big enough for one crib, how are we going to fit two? I have to make two cribs?!" (The specifics of that conversation are a little sketchy since I remember it this way and Wesley remembers it another way, but this was the gist of it!) Then again later on the way to Cleveland, he said, "WHO has twins?!" I told him that Jacob and Esau's parents had twins and he pointed out that they fought. Bad example I guess?
Anyway, after we left the doctor's office, I went by Bed, Bath, and Beyond and got two frames that said, "Happiness is having Grandkids," so we could tell our parents the big news. THAT was fun times! They were all shocked! I don't think they were expecting it (which was just what we were hoping!). The picture of the frame and videos of us telling them are below. I can't believe I forgot to get a picture with my good camera, but an iPhone picture will have to do.






Kristy requested another picture of Baby Brody with BabIES Skelton. She said the one from PTP didn't count because we didn't KNOW there were two babies in my belly then. Of course, this is perfectly logical and makes complete sense, so we complied.
Telling people we are having twins is the most fun thing EVER. There were a handful (or two) of people who knew we were pregnant and I have tried my best to tell everyone in person the BONUS news! Wesley spilled the beans to Roby & Jaina on the phone because he was so excited (or shocked?), but pretty much everyone else we have told in person. It's awesome. We show them the ultrasound picture on my phone and they either say, "Awwww," and don't realize there are twins......OR........their eyes pop out of their head and a huge smile spreads on their face. It's so fun! This is my new favorite hobby!
We are waiting a few more weeks before we really spread the news, so thanks to those who know for keeping your lips sealed for the time being!
Love you all!
Wesley, Denise, Patty (because she looks like a padlock according to Mark) and Belte (I had it spelled Belti, but Wesley informed me that there is no i.....sorry about that!)
**Totally forgot to explain that Wesley claims we are naming one baby Belteshazzar and calling him Daniel for short (Daniel 1). Morgan said if he names our baby Belteshazzar, she will call him Belte! Then, she decided Shazz would be better.....maybe they will both be girls! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment